Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh...Hi, 2nd night Booze Free

:new:
    I found this sight yesterday while going through yet ANOTHER hangover at work.
    My Husband and I are both working on this together as we have been drinking nearly every night since my daughter was born (she's nearly three). we are totally functional with jobs and everything, its just our battle with booze.
    The posts on this sight have been extremely helpful. I really feel like I have somewhere I can go to get some encouragement when it gets tough (other than my Husband cause if it wasn't for him I'd be half wrecked by now and looking forward to a tired crappy day tomorrow).
    I'm going to order the book tonight and I already have all the supplements mentioned in the posts I've read from my past attempts to stop. The one thing those attempts didn't have was this forum. What a wonderful thing. I thought AA was my only choice as I do like the whole "peer" thing but the only one in my area is at 8pm (bedtime for my daughter).
    So thank you all for what I've read already. I so want to starve this monkey off my back.
    Much Love:heart:
    GTG
    Its 10:30pm here so I am wondering what its like to wake up a second night in a row (a weekend no less) in peace....its a funny thing we do to ourselves....

Hey there Gal,
    I'm new to this as well, you will love it here. The soles here are amazing. Check out the welcome all newbies thread. Gia and Kriger are my new inspirations as well as others. Welcome, stay with us and draw support as we start our journey to a new and better life.
    Best wishes, Alaska
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi to you both and welcome.

Do whatever you can regarding the book and supplements, they really help physically, but be prepared to do a mental switch too.

Hope to see you more often.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks AK

Yes I've been reading your and your Pals posts. It has been encouraging. I think I've spent 6 hours since yesterday just clicking around...feeling more and more hopeful.
        Thanks,
        GTG

Comment

Hi Skendall,
          This place is amazing, I feel I have found kindred souls. I hope i can help as much as I can draw support. :thanks:
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Good for you GTG!! You have a terrific attitude and that will help you IMMEASURABLY!! Stick around, stay in touch, and always come here to ask for help when it gets difficult.

wip

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I hope you are enjoying a beautiful day & clear head!
                I'm glad you have the supps already, they have worked so well for me and I hope the same goes for you! Keep up the good work & great attitude!
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

:colorwelcome: GTG!! Congratulations to you and your husband both for wanting to get booze out of your life. You will be so happy you did.

I'm glad you have ordered the book - I think having a good understanding of the program as RJ recommends it is very important. People tend to tailor it individually (i.e., I chose not to take the prescription drug recommended) - but if your tailoring doesn't work then the base line becomes very important to understand.

The tools here including this forum are excellent. They are not magic, however. But if you combine the good tools with your strong determination to get free of alcohol, you can.

Best wishes to you.

DG
                  Day 81 Alcohol and Hangover Free
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi GTG, Don't forget to have some good non-al drinks on hand for your witching time...whether that be teas, juices, sparkling water etc...my fav is just good ol lemon water....it also helps with the cleansing process as your body gets rid of all those daily toxins...

Keep reading and posting... glad you found mwo.
                    workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

awesome keep on going stay strong and think positive
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thank you all! Made it the whole weekend. The first day and a half I was kinda angry but today it was a feeling of energy I haven't had is SO VERY LONG.
                        Whee!
                        Tomorrow, back to work, not stopping at the pub on the way home. Its a new me.
                        Thanks for all your encouragement.
                        Have a great Monday everyone!!!

Comment

Welcome!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Welcome!

This is an encouraging place and great to lay out all those thoughts for others to help with. Just think...ODAT. That always helps. Just one day...

Erin
                            Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Working...
                            X