Just started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started

I have been searching this site for sometime now and have realised there are hundreds of others just like me battling the booze.I have been drinking heavily for years and can never last more than a few days with a binge.Have decided to give it another go.Today I will not drink. thanks everone for your support. :new:
    Boozer

Just started

Welcome Johno,

I am new here too. Welcome and good luck.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Just started

Welcome Johno! You will find a lot of support here. If you haven't read the book it is a good place to start. As well some of the supplements help immensely.

I wish you luck in your journey, you have taken the first step. Good for you!

Best wishes,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Just started

Welcome Johno!
        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Just started

Welcome Johno! It was a wonderful day when I found this site and realized that there were so many people like me. It is nice to know that you are not alone in this journey. Everyone is here to support each other.
          I agree with Universal that the My Way Out book by Robeta Jewel is a great way to start your journey.

Best wishes!

Comment

Just started

:thanks: My first day Af went OK.will get book soooon.johno
            Boozer

Comment

Just started

Hi Johno
              Well done on your first day. The book is the foundation of the program and will give you the tools you need. Also the supplements and meds if you think you need them. I have been here since 1 April and was a classic binge drinker and smoker. I have had great success with the program and really feel I have the evil twins under control now. Would never have done it without the program.
              You can download the book from the site you know.
              We have quite a few people from Melbourne on here so watch out for them.
              Best of luck - look forward to seeing you post and a good idea is to join in with some other new people and get a little team going for mutual support.
              BH

Comment

Just started

Welcome! Stay close!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Just started

That's great Johno - well done!
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Just started

You can do it Johno... just keep coming back and stay active reading and posting in this program. It really does help. When I started a few months ago, I was on cloud nine AF for a few weeks then blew it and wouldn't come back to post for shames sake. That was a mistake. I need this program as it truly is a lifeline.

I wish you success and sobriety (or successful mod if that's what you choose.)

All the best~
                    FROGZ~

Comment

Just started

:welcome:

Welcome! You'll find this a great site and very encouraging. Keep coming back and tell us more abut yourself, your day and your haunts. We're here.....

Erin
                      Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Just started

Hi

Welcome! And congrats on your first day

Comment

Just started

You have definately come to the right place. I've only been here a couple weeks and find this the most encouragement I've ever received. I can be myself here, not afraid of being judged or scolded for a slip. Liz

Comment

Working...
                          X