Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in the world are you?

Hello all,
    I am new to MWO and I noticed some of the places you are all from. It is inspiring to me that people from all over the world can come together and support each other in such a positive way. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share something about where they are?
    I am in North Pole, Alaska. It is beautiful here. There is a point in the summer when we have 24 hours of daylight, and in the winter where we have 24 hours of darkness. I have experienced -45 below zero. And no, I don't live in an igloo
    Would love to hear about where you are
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

I live in Kent - the Garden of England!! I am lucky enough to be a few minutes from the busy town centre but can be out in the beautiful Kent countryside in no time. Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Aloha from Hawai'i! I live on the beautiful Garden Island of Kaua'i. And no, I do not live in a grass shack.
      sigpic

Comment

Akgirl, North pole, really ? wow 6 months of night life ! Ha! I from Baltimore, MD. Welcome....IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I live in Oklahoma. Yes I have guns. hehe

Comment

florida here .. sunshine most of the time
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

here

Edinburgh, Scotland.
              Not famed for i
              ts great weather!!!
              Pipsqueak

Comment

IAD,
                Yup, really. But it's not 6 months of night life, it's a gradual thing. June 22nd is the longest day of the year, about 22 hours sunshine, then we start losing a few minutes a day until Dec 22nd the shortest day of the year. It was hard to get used to at first. Especially when you were partying and left the bar, you never knew what time it was

Comment

Ak,
                  Are you having a great Sunday? I'm in Utah

I just got back from the Parade of Homes; I certainly got my excercise for the day! We spent 5 hours looking at homes. My girlfriend, who drinks almost not at all, doesn't have any idea I have a problem. I felt great and without "pounding 4-5 beers before starting out. That would have been my plan before mwo. I feel SO liberated! I hope your day is going great. Send me a report when you feel like it.

Have you seen posts from SignOn today? Love, kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Haven't seen anything so far Kriger,
                    I'm having a great day 4 Sunday, making tacos for some friends. actually tried "chatting" earlier, that was fun. This is neat to hear where folks are from, and know we can all come together and help each other out

Comment

Sunny Florida here too akgirl, hot and thundery tonight but no rain yet. Awhile back a member made a google map of lots of members locations. I don't know if I can find it but I will look. Flip worked on that and maybe if you pm her, you can get on the map too. :h
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

LOL. HAHAHA like yur thread,lonely hehehhe,im between a rock and a ssoft spot,hopefully,its not eaasyi these boots gyco

Comment

Ontario, Canada here - lots of rain this summer! Sucks for us but the grass is really green! LOL
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Found it

this was the thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/mwo-map-14597.html
                            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Akgirl, this is something I've always wanted to know: " Is thier a Sheriff of the North Pole ?......IAD.
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X