Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday

Hello cyber friends
    I had a realization today that since I have started working on this problem I think about drinking more than I ever did before. I have started assuming that my partner will be upset with me every morning because I did not go AF the night before...funny thing is I realized today that I was just making that up, and when I shared with her she admitted that it was making her worried that I was doubting our relationship. Has anyone else found themselves consumed with thoughts of alcohol while trying to cut down. Its weird I have never had drinks in the afternoon, and before I started trying to cut back never really thought about it until the evening. It makes me wonder if my obsessing about it is really healthy???? Also, I know everyone says you need to go AF first, but whenever I have tried that it seems like I want it more than ever and then I end up drinking myself silly, that is why I thought perhaps just trying to cut down would be a better choice for me. I went to the bookstore looking for the book today, but with no luck, I guess I need to order it online. Well, wish me luck 5:30 - 7:00 is the hardest time for me.

Monday

Good luck ,I hope you got through it and if not ,just keep trying.

Comment

Monday

Of course you will be consumed with thoughts, urges, impulses. Goes with the territory. It's just thoughts, urges, and impulses, and only you can decide whether to take them seriously, or not. Your mind/brain/body wants alcohol and will use all sorts of tactics, outside of your conscious awareness, to get it. You don't have to give in. You get to decide what YOUR agenda is and what your values are and how you want your life to be...

Simple. Not easy, but simple. Don't drink... or do drink. Your choice.

wip

Comment

Monday

Hi Healer ---- seems like the hours of 5:00 - 7:00 are tough for a lot of us. On the nights I've been successful being AF, I've made myself either a cranberry juice & soda, or a tonic with lots of lime juice and ice. After dinner, go and brush your teeth right away ... somehow it takes away the desire to have a drink.

Comment

Monday

Hi Healer,

The cocktail hour is hard for most of us. That's when I like to come online and soak up the positive vibes and enthusiasm of the MWO family - works like a charm. Do order the book and read it to really understand the MWO program. I also found it helpful in directing my inner conversation about my own drinking - what it was costing me, the power of the drinking mind, my vulnerabilities and what it was going to take to bring it all under control. Tackle the beast head on and with brutal honesty. Oh, the places you'll go!

V.

Comment

Monday

Healer, 5.00 to 7.00 is a bad time.I come online and have found that helps.But it is early days for me. Just new johno:welcome:
            Boozer

Comment

Working...
            X