Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Calms Forte make you tired during the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there!
    I just got my prescription for Topamax today and my supplements and CDs are in the mail. I've read the whole Topamax survey thread, and apparently it makes a lot of people feel pretty tired and sluggish (not to mention dopey). I tend to already be tired during the day at work, which I imagine will get worse with the Topa. The supplement schedule calls for 2 Calms Forte twice during the time I'll be at work. I can't imagine how exhausted I would feel with the combo of my normal tiredness, Topa, and Calms Forte. Does anyone not take it during the day? I was thinking I might just take the CF at night, when I would normally have a drink to make me sleepy.

Experiences to share? Thoughts? I don't want to be a zombie! :thanks:
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

I am not using topa but have found Calms very useful at night. I take 3 before bed and even though my consumption has been so much less I am still sleeping well. This morning I woke after a fitful night and realized I skipped it last night. I took 2 about 5:00 this morning and I found them very calming. I am tired, but I really feel it is from the lack of sleep rather than the calms. IO think they just help you feel mellow.

Comment

Hi Isolde,
      Yes, yes and yes. I was so tired during the day, that is exactly what I had to do. I only take them late in the afternoon or evening now. When I spoke with the gal at the health food store and told her I was on this program, she was familiar with it and suggested it might help during the day if you are over anxious or really stressing. For me, just night night time now. Good luck to you
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thanks AKGirl and Healer. I have a feeling I'll probably just use the Calms Forte as I need it, maybe if I'm feeling a bit stressed and would normally have a drink in order to relax or if I need help winding down at night before bed.
        Gotta say though, I'm only day 1 on the Topa and I'm already feeling pretty tired and therefore relaxed, I have a feeling I won't be using the CF much. I had a great night's sleep and felt like I could've kept sleeping all day! We'll see how it goes, hopefully the extreme tiredness won't last too long.
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

Hi!
          I got my supplements yesterday and i took them for the first time today and i have to say, i slept sooo much today so i think they do make you sleepy.

Comment

Even though I stopped taking it during the day I still felt tired the last few days, I asked my trusted health store gal and she said it could be my body detoxifying that might make me somewhat sluggish and to give it a few weeks. I'm not sure if other experienced this in the beginning. I find myself yawning all the time. Thought I would have more energy
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Does anyone else think "Calms Forte" is a strange sounding name?

Sorry for the diversion...I haven't gotten my supplements yet.

LOL

Comment

Working...
              X