Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Hi Gang,

A bit about me. I live alone and unfortunately after my divorce, I got in the habit of drinking at home by myself. This spiraled from a glass of wine with dinner each night to downing the whole bottle during the course of the evening. I am averaging 3-4 drinks a night. My boyfriend has no idea that I drink when I am home by myself at night. I hide the evidence.

Before this gets totally out of control I need to get a handle on this. I notice that at the end of the day I get strong cravings for alcohol...and I don't like that.

I haven't read the MWO book but am learning a lot from all your posts. Looking forward to getting to know all of you....

Sassy

Hi Everyone...I'm new

SassyGirl,

:welcome:

It sounds like you are addressing the problem BEFORE it hurts you badly. Good for you!!

I would definitely read the MWO book. It is inexpensive and you can download it from the site. It is a short read, too.

There is a lot of information in there about things like exercise, supplements, possible meds.

You can decide if you want to quit totally (go AF) or mod.

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

:welcome: Sassy
      You are amongst friends now. Good luck to you
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Thanks for the warm welcome so quickly! I am still exploring the site - definitely plan to download the book as soon as I garner enough energy to go find my credit card. (I guess I'll get energy in a few days of not drinking? Day one has been rough!)

As far as my goals...I think moderation? For the short-term I would like to get down to drinking one night a week (like when I'm out to dinner w/ my boyfriend) instead of drinking every single night. It's just not fun anymore. I can't believe I've let it get to this point...

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Welcome Sassy,
          You'll find everyone here very caring and supportive. Good luck on your journey. I look forward to getting to know you better. kriger
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Okay girl, "garner the energy?" It's cheap, a very easy read....and the key to this program. Get it tonight. It will jump start your whole attitude about the process. Everything she says in the book hits home. Very inspiring, you shouldn't wait. Not to be pushy but you'll be glad you did

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

LOL...okay. I give.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

I downloaded the book and ordered some supplements. Looking forward to getting rid of the cravings, that's for sure. Looking forward to reading too!

Wally...you sound like my long lost drinking soul mate. Now we just need to get a wee bit sober for awhile...

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Good getting your card hahahah. Now drink some lovely lemon water whilst you read it and then next you will find yourself ordering the allone, the supplements and the cds....I did and I am 47 Days AF.
                  With reading and posting on the mwo along with the rest of the tools and with the mindset that it sounds like you have, you can do this! WELCOME!!!!

workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

You did got get it ?......right?.....:H

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Yes, I am reading it now.

P.S. And while I was at it, I ordered some supplements too. Need to kick those nasty cravings! Would love it if my head stopped pounding, too.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Hi Sassy,
                        You are so cute...dragging your sober ass :H I'm glad you did. I'm not sure which supps you ordered, you can find some locally. Kudzu is the best. I really do wish you the best. You sound like you are definitely on your way. PM me anytime

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Don't know about cute, but I am apparently an impulse shopper...

I bought the book, the Six Week Starter Extreme Pack of supplements, and a 100 count bottle of Topamax from an online pharmacy.

This is either going to be the best thing I've ever done for myself, or just an expensive venture into cyberspace on a slow night.

Since ya'll are so nice though, I think I'll give this an honest go.

Question - I really would like to keep my program a private matter. Any tips on how to take all the supplements without anyone noticing?

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Just prepack them in little bags and take them as your new vitamin program for a healthier you...

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Welcome Sassy!
                              It was fun chatting tonight!
                              Find your goals and we will help you achieve them!
                              Best wishes,

SS

Comment

Working...
                              X