Hi Everyone...I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Welcome Sassy, when I read your post I said ----- that was me. I always loved my alcohol, but after I divorced I began drinking every night. Over 7 years it progressed from a couple of beers to a 1.75 liter bottle of Seven every 4 days. After a while I got a boyfriend and I would sneak into the bedroom and pour booze into my diet coke can and then pray he wouldnt get close enough to smell it. Anyway, didnt mean to run on about me. But I am so so pleased that you recognized the path you were on and are starting the program. I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Ugh. Sounds like a lot of us are/were in the same boat!

Last night I went to dinner with bf and we had a bottle of wine, but that was the end of it. I didn't feel like I overindulged at all. The thing is though, I wanted to. But instead we cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. It was good.

I don't want to want it so much. Sigh. I think it will get better over time. Am I crazy for being so optimistic?

We were talking this morning...he's very athletic and I enjoy working out also, although we both have gotten a bit lazy this summer. We agreed that we need to get back in our exercise routine and eat a bit healthier - and I said (ME!) - "and we need to cut back alcohol to one night a week." He totally agreed.

(I don't think he craves it quite like I do.)

Anyway, that's where I am.

Hugs to all..and thanks again for being so welcoming.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Awesome if you can do it together! If you kick up the exercise it really helps with the cravings and I find cutting down on carbs helps too.

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

He is supportive, but he has no idea I'm doing a "program" or even that I have much of a problem to begin with. He thinks I want to cut back for fitness reasons. He's so adorable. Thankfully love is truly blind...

I am planning on going for a long walk in a little while with my iPod - it is SUCH a gorgeous day. Then I need to get some work done for a big meeting next week...and then maybe I'll run tonight once it cools off a bit.

Wally...I am actually excited to try the topa for weight loss too. What a happy little side effect! (Of course, I'll probably be the ONE person that doesn't get to lose weight on it. LOL)

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

Hi Sassy
            Welcome!
            Your story sounds a lot like mine - I started using alcohol to settle down at night to get thru my divorce. It just went on and on, and all the issues aren't even settled yet. Maybe it could have progressed more without this program. Actually, definately.
            I LOVE kudzu. I am also taking New Chapter St JOhns WOrt SC27 - it helps with my ever-present dysthemia and also my panic about stuff. And lots of vitamins.
            I am glad you found this site - I felt so alone before I did!

Lila

Comment

Hi Everyone...I'm new

You know Lila, my divorce wasn't even necessarily a messy one. I was lonely and bored, and for some reason drinking made me feel less alone and filled the time. Weird that now that I have really moved on and have been dating someone really nice for the last few years that the drinking continued to spiral.

AL is a little unpredictable that way. I always thought that alcoholics drank waaaaaaaaay to much every day until they passed out. I thought they were born that way - started out bad and stayed that way. Never knew that it could just creep up on you like this and gradually get worse over time.

I am so glad I found MWO before I started falling down drunk most nights...but I am pretty sure that's where I was headed.

Sorry for rambling...NOW when I'm lonely and bored I just start typing nonsense LOL

Comment

Working...
              X