Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Start.... More or Less

Hi All,
    It's been a little over a week and I'm not completely AF but it' a start. I have started drinking alot later in the evening and much less. I have started to do more with my son and watch alot less TV. I have started to feel more like the strong person I know I can be and less like the worthless drunk I felt I was. So although I am not where I want to be yet....it's a start And to all of you out there just starting out, good luck to you
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Well done!!!!! You will get to where you want to be, it just takes time! I'm really happy for you! Keep it up!

Comment

Excellent!
      You're doing yourself proud.
      TV sucks anyway.

Comment

AK,

Congratulations on your progress. And it was nice talking to you last night!

xoxox
        Sassy

Comment

You too Sassy, thanks everyone. It's the support I get here I look forward to and draw support from:happy:

Comment

Good job, AK.......do you have a "quit date" in mind? Have you put together a "success plan"....remember to set yourself up for success and you can do it!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Not 100% yet Kate, working on it. 8/7/8 was my first AF day. 8/8/8 is the date I hold in my heart as my new way of thinking. Even though I'm not AF, I was almost at 2 bottles now I'm at 2 glasses. I'm going in the right direction

Comment

yes it is all a start.. keep on keeping on and do you best
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Great job AK! One step at a time - and so far all of your steps have been forward. Keep your eye on the prize
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good progress Alaska! Be ever vigilant of the beast, though, because it can sneak back in at a moment's notice. What we're all striving for is control - whether it's the control to never drink again or the control to mod. And when we wrest control from the beast, we are free. I think it is marvelous that you keep coming back and challenging yourself to achieve more than the last time. Now that's progress.

V.

Comment

Working...
                    X