Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday

Good Morning ODATERS!

Beautiful day here in Ireland - LOL - it's coming down in buckets - even the dog took one look this morning and went back to bed!

I have to be honest - I feel fantastic this morning, not a feeling I'm used to!.
    I had a good night's sleep and got through a dinner and party last night in my house and I did not drink! Well it was only meant to be a few up for dinner but then loads of the neighbours joined in!. What was best about it was that I didn't mind not having a drink, in fact I was glad. The craving hit me a little earlier in the evening as I was gettng a bit stressed trying to prepare all the food and had kids running all over the place but once my own kids were in bed and the other kids had gone home I started to relax a bit and I enjoyed it! Even cleaned up all the empties before going to bed so that I could come down to a clean place.

My hubby did not drink either as he is going AF too (we both have just had enough at this stage) and no-one even noticed.

I am in such a good mood this morning that my own family are wondering what the hell - who is this Stepford Wife that has moved in!

Anyway, lets hope this good mood lasts and for today anyway I know for sure that I will be AF

Best Wishes to all out there for today - as the song goes - whenever I wake up and put on my make up.... I say a little prayer for you - this is what I do every morning for all at My Way Out and for all struggling with any difficult issues that they may have.
    :h
    Bandit
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

ODAT Saturday

Hi every one Wow bandit your post is infectious i can feel the positive vibes over here in Oz so Glad every things good> Well I'm drying my bum out at the moment ( im sure its frost bite) by the heater as it was the only thing that connected with the ice today. My daughter is still wetting her self at the spectical that was daddy !!!! 6'4 tall timbers slamm'in my arse on the ice not a good look but its ok I'm not proud I think the security guys were a bit concerned one of them gave me a hand at one stage. Any way my daughters hysterical laughter made it a great day> Going sailing tomorrow with her and mum too and a friend in his boat with his kids so looking forward to that....... have a wonderful day every one
    XXXXXCap

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Great post bandit and I hope you have a great day!

We loved Ireland when we visited a few years ago. The climate is so similar to ours in the Northwest US with cool rainy summers, and temperate rainy winters. We were there just as they had banned smoking in bars, and all the "publicans" were protesting their livelihood.

You are blessed to have your spouse join in your goals. That helps a lot.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Sounds like you had an awesome night! Thank you for sharing!
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Bandit, your post made me smile. So, so positive!! Thanks for brightening my day.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

:new:

I've been reading these ODAT threads since I joined the board last week and today I decided that I would just invite myself in.
            Besides, you all seem like such friendly people, hopefully I will not get the boot! :sofa:

I have been trying to mod for the past few days. Doing pretty good. I don't feel like I've gone overboard since Monday night. This week I also told my boyfriend about my issues with drinking and how I want to cut back, as well as saw my doctor and started on Topamax, so I feel like I have extra tools and support in my corner now.

As last night was Friday and I was meeting up with friends for happy hour after work, I planned to give myself a little bit of leeway. I don't think I did too bad. The first margarita went down pretty quickly, but it took me forever to finish the second one. I didn't have the urge to drink when I got home as I usually do, which was great. However a few hours later I ended up getting kind of emotional and upset after a stupid little argument. I took the dog for a long walk to try and cool off, but still felt on the verge of tears when I got back, so ended up having one more drink.
            It was one more than I figured I was going to have, but still was less overall than I would have had on previous Fridays, so I am still counting it as a win. It seems like I get buzzed with a much smaller amount since I started the Topa, so I think that is helping me to want less, which makes me a happy camper!

As usual, it's about a bazillion degrees outside today, and humid on top of that, so the b/f and I have given ourselves permission to have a do-nothing day and stay inside in the a/c. We're meeting up with a few of his friends at a sports bar later to watch a pre-season football game AND a baseball game. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I am a fan of beer and chicken wings. So I will try to sip slowly and mix it up with some waters in between as well. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Greetings from HOT and STEAMY South Florida! :rays: verheated:
            Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
            ~Clutch

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi Isolde,

:welcome:

Join in the threads anytime!

Greetings from a very very wet Ireland!
              :h
              Bandit
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                X