i can not stop what is wroung with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well can you put some away somewhere and just take a LITTLE when you start to shake. Only you can change this.

Comment

weak

Comment

You're here that is a step. All of us here have taken a step. We are all a family and sometimes we fight but we are all here for the same reason. So you are here. And you don't want to be like this again. Baby steps...wait an extra 1/2 hour before you have anothere drink then wait an extra hour.

Comment

dolphin;385009 wrote: dolly..tin of special brew..9% lager .half a litre a go.maybe smaller tin but not much..strong stuff.
          AH!! I never knew what you guys meant! Thanks!

Comment

i gave up smoking 15 mths ago so i should be able to stop drinking easyier it is all in the mind i think

Comment

dolly thanks it all helps

Comment

thanks dolphin i will and i will be back on here tomorrow at about midnight once again thank you

Comment

Try and cut down till Mon Steve it will all help in the long run.

Comment

ty dolly

Comment

Hey Steveg. Dolly is right. You found this site, sent out an S.O.S. and that is the beginning of taking care of yourself. You need to stop drinking and we can help you with the steps. Peace be with you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Hun.
                        Everyone is right. You CAN do this. I understand about the doctor but you just need to swollow your pride and go or you'll never change.
                        Finding this site and posting was a GREAT start. We are all here for you.
                        Instead of picking up the drink, come here and talk. Get the supplements and please go see your doctor.
                        Speak to you soon! Remember, we're all here for you. Everyone on the site is fantastic and caring. We are all in the same boat!!! Good luck!

Comment

Look what happens when we work together

Steve - do get some medical help, your doctor will understand and it won't go against you, I'm sure, many people these days have alcohol and drug problems and they are understood and helped. Better to face up to it than let it get any worse, believe me.

Can I also just say that I've come to this thread after reading all the daft nonsense that's gone on last night on some other threads, and here we have Dolphin and Dolly working together to help a fellow sufferer - see how different things can be when we work together and not fight against each other. Can you all start again please?

Good luck Steve, please come back and let us know how you are doing.
                          Best wishes
                          J

Comment

Steve

I know how you feel about the doctor. If you honestly do not want to go, (I am not recommending that you don't but if you feel you won't) you can wean yourself off bit by bit, just get 2 tinnies in and have a few sips every hour. I have read of people here who have done that, as I have, however it takes huge willpower not to neck the whole thing.

My advice:

In the meantime download the book from this site and order the supplements- they really do help with the cravings and in a few days when you feel a bit stronger get some protein rich food inside you (It also stops the cravings). That means chicken, fish, nuts whatever. Lay off white bread or cakes, that can bring cravings on, though you will probably fancy sweet stuff. Try sucking clove drops, for some reason cloves help with cravings. (Unfortunately I can't get them here

It would obviously be better if you get professional help, but if you won't that is just my advice- I am no expert still struggling along myself.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on.

Comment

Excellent advice, Marbella. And Good Morning Dolphin - it's a bright new day, hope it finds you well!
                              J

Comment

Hi,
                                This sight has been a great tool to deal with my/your/our/ demons. I saw my Dr. It was less embarassing than I thought. There job is to treat sick people, not to judge..I wish you well in your journey.
                                AF since 2/4/10
                                Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                                FINALLY FREE

Comment

Working...
                                X