30 Days Hath September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days Hath September

How's everyone managing on this Day 1 of 30 days?

Hope everyone is well
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hi everyone

Day 1 for me. Have listened to one of the clearing tapes and taken my supplements. Good luck everyone.

Rustop

Comment

30 Days Hath September

AHHHH! Temptation lurks behind every corner.
        Was cleaning behind the curtain and found a half bottle of wine stashed away! (cant even remember putting it there)
        Ran into the kitchen with it and poured it straight down the sink! yay!
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Michou

Good for you Chelle 12..I will probably find some of those around the house as well and will do the same...Day one and have a great day everyone....Hugs Michou

Comment

30 Days Hath September

I'm with everyone on 30 days. And to those with the fear (I'm one of them) of failing, you are a winner for making the attempt and taking a positive step.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

30 Days Hath September

I'm with you all.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

30 Days Hath September

hello everyone
                glad to see i'll be in good company for the next 30 days. keep the faith, we can all do this. i'm also looking forward to seeing all 0's on my drinking track. enjoy the rest of your AF day.
                :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Well, here's the day we've all been waiting for --- Sept. 1 and the start of the 30 day AF challenge. Together we can do it!:l

Comment

30 Days Hath September

I'm in.

Comment

30 Days Hath September

I have been rolling this around in the back of my mind for a couple days, and I think I'll join too. Yahoo!

Yesterday, I only had one beer with my dinner. I went to the grocery at 9:00pm. It felt so good to be free. Normally I would be long drunk by then and in bed trying to sleep it off so I wouldn't be so hung over the next day at work.

The week or so of September AF are going to be challenging for me, the stuff I ordered will not be here and I'll just be gritting it out.

Best wishes to all on the first day!

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Good for you. It maybe hard but it is doable and we will all be hre if you need us.

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hope everyone is able to get through this night AF. I'm doing fine...Thurs-Sat are my witching days. To all those who are struggling right now, you CAN do it. If you screw up start again tomorrow. Have compassion, understanding and love for yourself, just as you would have for someone else going through this nightmare.

Comment

30 Days Hath September

michou

Hi you all:

Just got back from a family picnic and normaly i would have had a couple and more at home but I am eating popscicle instead and soon it will be bed time so my first day went o.k....Hope everyone is well..Hugs Michou

Comment

30 Days Hath September

I think I have to join you all in your AF September. I've fallen back into the evil bottle of wine (minimum) a day routine and have to stop it!!!!!!! This is another day 1 for me today, and I hope to stay AF for 3 weeks - I will not force the AF issue when I am at a conference in Hawaii, but if only I can stay AF until then I would be sooooooooo happy!!!! I just don't seem to have any faith in my ability to do this any more! I don't know why?! But ok - I will try and I will read the threads and try to not avoid this place, as I tend to do when I fall off the wagon.
                              Good luck to everybody here and congrats on a successful Day1 AF. Bring on Day 2!!!
                              xo Peanut

Comment

30 Days Hath September

spiderpig;397626 wrote: hi all,

What does everyone drink as a soft substitute?

Not doing topomax, just got all the other stuff but so far not here so surviving on milk thistle and evening primrose at moment.

SP
                                I got an odd one: Lemon Kool-Aid with about 4 drops of mint extract in it. I mix the Lemon and Mint it as a concentrate in a 16 oz water bottle that I keep in the fridge. Then to "make" my drink, I put 1 1/2 shots of lemon concentrate in a glass with two non-sugar tablets, and fill my glass with ice and water. The mint kick makes it hard to remember there's no kick to it. It's also calorie free.

I find day 2 and 3 unbearable without something to numb me. Valerian (an over the counter herbal) works for me, one pill every 12 hours. In August I got to Day 2 six times, but I'm on Day 3 now, which I've only done once before. I'm going to try going valerian free for a bit, but will go back if I start getting anxious.

Comment

Working...
                                X