30 Days Hath September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days Hath September

I just had a huge test (for me anyway) ... hubby and friend came up from working on his computer ... has been giving him major problems all day. Neither one of them are big drinkers, but the frustration level was high ... when I asked if I could get them something, they both wanted Scotches (one of my favourites)....... I prepared them and didn't pour myself one! I haven't told hubby about my AF plan, so it would have been very easy to have had one along with them. In fact, hubby is probably surprised I didn't... but is so frustrated, he probably didn't even notice. I'm SO HAPPY! I now know I'll make it through tonight and into Day 5 tomorrow! YEAH!

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hello everyone:

Four days and AF for me. Yahoo! A think a couple things are working. First, this commitment for 30 days is great incentive, and, second, I know that my trigger to drink is getting home from work, changing clothes, having my first drink, then starting dinner.

So, I have been exercising after work, coming home and immediately having a giant mug full of milk (I have loved milk since childhood), then starting dinner and having a second mug of milk. (Perhaps my belly is so full I cannot fit anything else in it!)

Now, before I pat myself on the back too hard, it REALLY helps that there is not a giant bottle of whiskey sitting in the cupboard calling my name. I'll be climbing that hill next week as my hubby gets back from his annual hunting trip and will restock the supply.

It otherwise has been a busy week, so I haven't had time to read all the threads and see exactly how everyone is doing, but I will this weekend and have much more to offer the group.

God Bless, you guys are in my thoughts.

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hello everyone
        Good for you Peanut, New Day, and Casey -- great job keeping it AF, it must of taken a lot of strength so I'm happy for you. Working on day 5 today; it's really been a good week. even with the worries and the lack of sleep, I must say I'm thankful for not letting AL rule my week. Lets stay strong this weekend because I know for some us weekends=AL.

Have a great day everyone:l
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

30 Days Hath September

You're right "1more" --- Friday's have always been a challenge to me as well. Even after finding this site about 1 1/2 months ago, I haven't got past day 5... and never gone a weekend without drinking. But each time I start Day 1, each day got easier. I'm really optimistic about being able to go this weekend AF. No social plans after a busy few weeks, so glad for the quiet time... that should really help. I had trouble getting to sleep again last night, but still, what I got must be more restful than the alchoholic stupor I was in because I'm feeling pretty good. Nice to have a clear head! So today is the start of Day 5 and I'll check in later for reinforcement! Have a good day everyone!

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hello everyone
            Well, I had an awful weekend. A lot of stress which lead to drinking yesterday. I'm back to day 1 after 5 days but I'm not going to let this get me down. I guess the difference this time is that I'm not going to give up and beat myself up. I can do this, and I will complete the month of September AF!
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

30 Days Hath September

Hey where is everyone?:anyone:

Comment

Working...
              X