Hey Nice People, I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one2many;386401 wrote: WELCOME...great to have you on board...Firstly I would like to invite you to join our "Newbies Nest" thread on the general section, we talk about how we are doing, how we are feeling etc....also we have an AF Army thread (also on General) and we are looking for recruits!

You are a very strong person.....way to go!

Love,

o2m
    THANK for the invite. AS soon as I get my Monday chores done I will be right over with my army men in hand!:thanks:
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.~Anais Nin

Comment

Happy,
      I don't know how much Wally's death has impacted on your decision.
      I do not have first hand knowledge of this kind of grief.
      Happy.
      I acknowledge your pain and I also acknowledge your strength (in choosing to be Alcohol free).
      We will be here for you.
      x
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hello Happy!

Good for you that you were able to recognize that you were on the path to nowhere and quit the boozin before things got any worse. You husband probably needs a little reinsurance from you to not feel so threatened by your sobriety.

You could also share with him some of the things about alcoholism you have learned here, gentle little nudges that not drinking may actually be good for you.

It's a one day at a time journey and each day you will learn a little more about life with and without AL. I myself never expected half of the things I learned about how much trouble booze was inflicting in my daily life as well as my loved ones. Hopefully this will be a very positive experience for you both.

Good luck to you.

4tb
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Welcome Happy!!

Although my hubby is behind me 100% going AF and volunteered to join me (although he hasn't) I haven't pushed him, I am hoping to follow by example and you know what, he's drinking a lot less than he used to. So stay strong and like you say do it for yourself and maybe some of your good energy will rub off on him.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
          X