Getting ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready!

The husband threw down the gauntlet yesterday. Went from 20 beers Saturday night to 7 last night. Will try 6 tonight and so on. Would like to mod since all of my friends drink, but not to my extent.

Any advice?
    We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
    We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Getting ready!

Welcome! I agree with everything Wally said. The book is great place to start. Best wishes on your journey!

Comment

Getting ready!

just do your best and do what ever works for you.. keep on reading and posting ..stay strong and think positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Getting ready!

Since I am new to this (my second day of even trying), the fear of going AF is very frightening. I just found the site today and will be buying the book and some meds, but for now I feel like I am out on a limb.

Don't think I'll get much support from my husband so I am glad I found this forum as a source of strengh until he comes around.

Thanks all!
        We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
        We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

Getting ready!

Nan, new here but familiar with moderation and AF? Just trying to see where you are coming from is all. welcome
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Getting ready!

Hey!! Good luck. I think it's harder to do moderation then AF. Maybe if you only buy the amount of drink you want to have that one night and no more you'll not be tempted to have just one more (that then leads to 10 more) and you'll know when you've reached your limit. I know this is a more expensive way but i should help as long as you don't rush out to buy more.
            I hope to speak to you soon!

Comment

Getting ready!

Nan, I was the same as you.... just thinking about going AF gave me the hibbie-jibbies! I did not do things the right way but it worked for me.... I went mod for 3 months and cut my intake all the way down to one glass a day and now I am doing my 30 days AF. This month I am 18 days AF and it just blows my mind how GOOD it feels!! But read the book first and get the suppliments, they really do help with the cravings and to detox the body.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
              X