Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday

Good morning all
    Bandit you amaze me!!! How can you remember all of that?? I was not going to post today, because I am really down in the dumps. I am not very good at sharing the negative stuff. Just to top off my financial burdens, I came home from work last night and my central AC was not working. I cannot afford to fix it, and have no idea what is wrong with it. My daughter is all bitchy because it is rather warm in here. I also have not heard from the new job yet. Just a whole lot of financial woes. On the upside, I am still not drinking. Of course, with all of this shit happening, I think about throwing in the towel, and just saying F**k it all. I do know that drinking will not make anything change in a positive direction. Sorry to be such a downer. I am just really depressed.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Oh no Sea, as soon as you get your internet sorted out now another thing pops-up. Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, I know how irritable kids get in the heat, so hang in there, or a cold bath.

Stay strong!!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Morning ODATpeeps,
        Another hot day on the prairies here - supposed to go over 30C again today, and we have no airconditioning in my house and by the time I get home from work, it will be an oven!!! I am happily on day 2AF today, and didn't struggle last night at all. Didn't sleep that great either, but was in bed for about 9 hours, so am rested. I have to figure out some other things to eat on this herbal cleanse (no wheat, no flours, no sugar, no dairy, no AL or any fermented products) - this plain oatmeal porridge in the am is quite unappetizing (I prefer it made with milk and brown sugar - both no-no's)

1more and KBCE - not sure about the menstral cycle effect and drinking, but I am having troubles in that area too. Nothing since June. I blame the Topa, which is why I cut it out by the end of July. At the lower doses, up to 100mg, I didn't have too much trouble, maybe a bit of word mix-up, but I realize I still have that, so who knows. It was just this effect on my body that was really a concern. Could be perimenopausal, as I am 47yo, but why all of a sudden like that?!?! Not sure if I believe that one, as I have had very little symptoms to support that theory, thus, my idea that it is the Topa. I may start it again, as I think it really did help. KBCE - I would try it if I were you, just to see if it helps and you never know if you will have the dopy mind symptom until you try. I have a job where i have to think, use my brain, and it was all ok, although I only got above 100mg for two days, and didn't like it.

OK - must get to work. I have to go to a conference in Hawaii in September and will try to stay AF until then, with the exception of a running/drinking event in 11 days. I am hoping to lose a few pounds, as I gained back about 4 that I had lost, simply through drinking wine everyday for 3-4 weeks. Arg!!!!!

xo Peanut

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

hello everyone.. all is well here in florida animals are all safe and sound ..
          no damage to the property..thank god..
          and very little clean up to do after today ..
          yes its still raining and windy here but not bad..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Happy to hear that storm didn't turn into a full-fledged Hurricane. You guys down there get hit with those enough!!!
            Peanut

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Happy Tuesday ODATs,

Bandit - HOW DO YOU DO THAT??????? I can't remember my name half the time and you singled out everyone. You must not have been drinking for very long because you have 'way too many brain cells stashed up there!

Well, Miss Vera-b. was moaning about the siren call getting louder. And it was. But she got some inspiration from a few very special MWO folks and did a much-needed tune up session with the clearing and hypno cd's this afternoon. Brain feels like it got a thorough wash and wax. Feel free to give Miss Vera-b. a kick in the arse every once in a while.

Sea, you're a trooper. Others might have caved under the circumstances. Don't feel bad about sharing the tough times. NONE of us is riding the tip of the wave all the time.

Have a good week all. Hope the storms do not become to much for our Floridian friends. Don't need that!

V.

Comment

Working...
              X