Do I have a problem? Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know Joe....I didnt read all the posts but what strikes me the most is your 2x cancer survivor.

I have no room to talk here but would that not have scared you into living a healthy life right there? Have you listened to "the last lecture" by Randy Pausch?

you should and I think I will post that in General D.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Ya know Joe....I didnt read all the posts but what strikes me the most is your 2x cancer survivor.

I have no room to talk here but would that not have scared you into living a healthy life right there? Have you listened to "the last lecture" by Randy Pausch?

you should and I think I will post that in General D.
      THAT is what hurts the most...when i was a whole month in the hospital at one point, I had promised myself that I would be the healthiest person ever If I got through this. Well that didn't happen and 7 years later it hit again, and I survived it again, but yet I'm still weak to the Alcohol. I recently took up cycling as a hobby and joined a local club. That has helped, I'm just glad I joined this community, it has been good for inspiration.
      First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
      7 Days:
      14 Days:
      30 Days:
      60 Days:
      90 Days:

Comment

Hey Jomero,

I, too, am concerned about the weekend and I am not even AF yet! My consumption is about half of what it was a few days ago and I am happy about that.

Let's keep good thoughts about the weekend and stick to a 3-beer limit! My friends would probably think I was abducted by aliens if they saw me without a beer in my hand. Probably, like you, staying in would also cause a shift in the cosmos. Since it has only been a few days, I am not going to beat myself up if I blow it, but will try very hard not to.

Best of luck!
        We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
        We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

I think Randy in his last lecture jokinly called it the "death bed conversion"

Joe if you can go back and hold on to those thoughts when you were scared and afraid you were gonna die. That would do anything to hang on to life. Even.......give up the drink?

Comment

im no expert but drinking is probably hurting your cell structure. hell its hurting all of our cell structure but you having already been through severe damage twice no less you are much more prone to it again - i know you know this sorry to come off preachy

Comment

im no expert but drinking is probably hurting your cell structure. hell its hurting all of our cell structure but you having already been through severe damage twice no less you are much more prone to it again - i know you know this sorry to come off preachy
              I know you're right, It's just been very difficult, sometimes I feel life is so boring without Al. I'm also sorry to report that I fell off yesterday as I ran into a friend and had a few beers. But I'm starting again today and will be honest with all of you and try again... I will try hard to go AF for 30 days, starting today. For the 2nd time
              First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
              7 Days:
              14 Days:
              30 Days:
              60 Days:
              90 Days:

Comment

Hey Joe, I thought that life would be boring without alcohol. I couldn't imagine what I would do in the evening and weekends. It really isn't you know. Instead of being passed out by 8pm I am back to reading, I walk, I come here I am learning stuff and I don't feel so sick and tired any more. As time goes on I am hoping to find more things to fill my time with.
                Try the 30 days and see how you feel? You are doing great being here and posting.
                I commend you for that.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

excited and nervous to begin

hi! this is my first time posting ever. I have been on the site reading others' posts since
                  the middle of June-it's probably about time for me to jump on in. I am waiting on the supp's, but I already have the cd's. I am going to Cape Cod next week, but plan to start the following week with the new schoolyear(as I'm a teacher). Anyways, just wanted to say hi , and now that I have committed to a start date, the program is becoming more and more real to me. It is so great to discuss our lovely vice with others who totally understand. Good luck to you all-as you have all been an inspiration to me! See you all back here soon!

:new:

Comment

startingover;388634 wrote: Instead of being passed out by 8pm I am back to reading, I walk, I come here I am learning stuff and I don't feel so sick and tired any more. As time goes on I am hoping to find more things to fill my time with. .
                    Joe, As this disease progresses we give up more and more of our lives to alcohol. We actually end up doing less than we would be able to do sober because while drinking,we are always recovering from being drunk. We waste a lot of damn time recovering and hanging around the house feeling like a "slug". When we string a couple of sober weeks behind us we find ourselves doing more fun things that we couldn't participate in drunk. I find myself doing things outside the house on the weekends; before stopping I would spend most weekends in my house pounding beers. The highlight of my day might have been BBQ dinner-I love to cook for my husband, but drunk it is a real hassle. I found myself dragging into the office every Monday feeling pretty darm crappy. Anywho, I am rambling on, but being sober opens up so many options...alcohol limits options. kriger
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Joe, I know how you feel....I really do. sorry. Pm anytime if you need to. your not alone.

Comment

Hi Joe and welcome clarecole :welcome:

This site has been a godsend for me. Keep coming here, no matter what else you do. Everyone seems to have found their own path, although of course there are some things people have in common. I found that the more I visited here, the more things I learned and eventually was able to put things into practice that worked for me. Main thing is, keep coming. We are all having (or have had) similar challenges. You can make it.

Comment

Working...
                        X