New to Forum and MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum and MWO

After having spent almost half my life swimming in bottle after bottle of wine, woke up this morning, went to my computer, and, thank the Good Lord, He brought me to this site. I am finally sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am tired of not remembering what I did or said the night before. I am ready to learn to moderate. I ordered starter packs and books and cd's. I won't see them until I visit the States in 2 weeks but I am jazzed knowing that I have this site to come to. I can read your positive thoughts and maybe gain some strength from your strengths.
    I have read with interest the many posts about Topamax. My daughter had a grand mal seizure 2 years ago and has been on Topa since. She has lost weight and feels good these days. When she first went on the drug, she was calling it dopamax. I am going to give it a try and will take the advice of so many of you to take it slow.
    Hello to all. I plan to be a frequent visitor.:thanks:

New to Forum and MWO

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv: just do your best
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Thank you, I will try!

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Welcome! You have come to the right place. This is an awesome bunch of folks!

Good luck to you - you are on your way to a new life!

K
        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Hi Taco and welcome.
          Lots of help when you need it and good advice here.
          Stay awhile.

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Hello Taco,
            You sound very positive. I am a newbie as well. This place and these folks are awesome. It's a little rocky in the beginning but well worth it,
            knowing you are on the right path to getting healthy. Good luck to you, PM me anytime
            :welcome:
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

:welcome: Taco.
              This is a great place and will help you loads!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Welcome!!

I'm new too...looking forward to getting to know you.

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Welcome Taco... I've been trying to moderate my drinking, doing OK but certainly needs to be better - gone from drinking 2-3 beers and half a bottle of vodka nearly every night to just 2 beers (most nights) apart from the 7 last Sat (oops). I plan to go AF September - I have done 2 stints AF before, 50 days then 40 in 2 consecutive years and still can't mod properly! Wishing you all the best in your plans - a good place to start is to download Roberta's book.

:welcome:
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

hi taco,your at the rite spot think positive, and you know what you ll do ok.you found a great site think positive gyco

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

WELCOME TACO....STAY CLOSE AND IT WILL GET BETTER AND BETTER...
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New to Forum and MWO

Welcome Taco, and good for you....being sick and tired of being sick and tired, is such a motivator! I've tried moderation too, and most times do really well, then it'll bite my hinney, so just try to hang as tight as you can....you won't do it perfect, none of us did/do, but just having the mindset, that enough is enough, will help tons!!! I agree, download the book...and another book that helped me is, and it sounds funny, but once you start reading it, you'll "get it", its not about alcohol really, but it surely does help you mindset about everything! Its called The Monk that Sold His Ferrari, you'll love it, its a really short read, I got it on Amazon. Come visit the 30 dys thread, we aren't all AF, and its a great group, and at night, log onto chat, type instead of pouring....lol....Glad you are here! Start that topa slowly...like maybe a half tab at bedtime....we own a pharmacy, so I can tell you that with a tad of integrity behind it...lol Welcome!
                        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
                        X