Why are some so proud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are some so proud?

I live in a small town that definately has a drinking problem. Alot of people here talk about how much they drink like it was a badge of honor or something. How can they be so proud of something I'm so ashamed of?

Still struggling......
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Why are some so proud?

Pretty simple - alcohol just hasn't caused them enough pain yet....
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Why are some so proud?

o
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Here, here, AAthlete!!

Well said...

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Star,

I think she was speaking about the people in her small town..

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Why are some so proud?

u know... the few people i've told that i quit drinking have all said "why?"

hm.

honestly i am shocked at the response? mystified is more like it!!

Comment

Why are some so proud?

I believe AKgirl was speaking about the people in her town ... not the people on the boards here. They are the ones who can't see themselves as having a drinking problem (not yet anyway).

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Yes, AK Girl was talking about her small town in Alaska. It is hard to share with others who don't understand. Hang in there, AK Girl! We are here for you.

Comment

Why are some so proud?

I was definately talking about the people in my town. I am still too new to be familiar with the MWO family and their perspectives.
                  And when I say they were it like a "badge of honor" I meant they are proud that they drink alot...the more the better they think. Meant no offense to anyone here. Shoot, I'm here looking to all of you for what seems to make alot more sense. And thanks to being here I believe I'm on the right path :thanks:

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Akgirl

The people that you speak of just are doing this to make themselves feel like they are ok. Deep down they know........ It takes a big person to admit that we are wrong and then go to work to straighten out the problem.
                    Do what you have to to get yourself in a healthy mindset and maybe find some new people to hang around with.....
                    I live in a small town also and have to go outside of the town to find straight thinking friends.....
                    We're here when you need us also. And.....we ARE real people.

:lNancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Southernbelle --- you said it best "deep down they know..".... but who's going to be the first to admit it .... well, AKgirl ... looks like you did! Good for you ... and who knows, there might be others to join you soon. Stay strong!

Comment

Why are some so proud?

Thank you all very much.
                        As happy as I am for making this decision, it saddens me that I really don't want to tell anyone. Like 1967 said, they would just ask why?

Comment

Why are some so proud?

So......why not?
                          Because YOU can........ Maybe they will follow but don't worry if they don't.
                          It takes awhile for some.....
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Why are some so proud?

ditto with southern
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Why are some so proud?

AKGIRL.....SAVE YOURSELF...YOU'LD LIKE TO HELP- EVERYONE, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. GOOD LUCK...IAD.
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X