Clear All

Need a Buddy!

Poof

Need a Buddy!

Poof

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Welcome Back WTE!!

Sign up with the AF Army today... there's a great bunch of people there who all support and understand one another
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Poof

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Hi WTE,
          You sound strong and very positive. You will do brilliantly.
          If you want a buddy......I'm here.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Need a Buddy!

welcome back .. do your best and stay strong and think positive
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Need a Buddy!

a buddy is just what I need, too

A buddy is just what I need, too. I have also set my start date for the first week in September. I can't wait to chat more.

Comment

Need a Buddy!

WTE,

Everyone here is your buddy! Keep in touch.
                We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
                We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

Need a Buddy!

WTE,

Welcome back friend. Score one for you for not giving up. I think arming yourself with all the tools will be key to helping you. Some days its a supp that stands between you and the vino, other days it's the hypno cd. It's kinda like pasta - we throw it all up and see what sticks! 54 is a great age to arrive at sobriety. Our bodies just say THANK YOU and we're not too high mileage! Take care--

Vera-b.

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Well, I'm ramping up to leave for Vegas on Thursday. Will be back home on the night of the 2nd.

So here goes September 3rd! I am hoping the Topa arrives in time! I have not even gotten a confirmation for the order I placed. (?)

Someone told me about Champix to perhaps also quit smoking. I know we have a new tablet here in the US as well that has been very successful. But, I was told it can have side effects of depression.

I'm stillnot over this relationship thing and do have some ready down days. Trying so hard to not contact him at, to heal myself, and I don't want to get depressed and mess that up.

Tried searching for old threads on smoking, and I am coming up blank. Can anyone help me with that?

And, for the couple of gals that have expressed interest on sharing phone numbers, PM me.

I AM going to do this this time!

Love you guys ....

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Buddy

I'd love to have a buddy! I'm just starting, still learning the site, still struggling. WTE, I'll be 57 in October, so I can relate a lot to you, especially the Vegas trip. Just got back from a convention in the Redneck Riviera - PCB, FL. Liquor stores on every corner. Clarecole, we all are here for each other, but I'm still feeling my way through. Don't feel exactly comfortable, but I come back here several times a day, everyday I'm home. I'd love to walk the rocky path with either or both you. It would be nice to have someone to share the climb with.:welcome: I want to learn how to PM so I share even more personal info about my story.:nicemeeting::nicemeeting: I get a bit lonely most days.
                      CJ :winkmonkey:
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Need a Buddy!

one2many;390706 wrote: WTE.....Marbella sent me an excellent ebook on giving up smoking,it is working so far for me....I can pm it to you if you like!
                        Yes please! And thank you!

Comment

Need a Buddy!

rubywillow;390820 wrote: I'd love to have a buddy! I'm just starting, still learning the site, still struggling. WTE, I'll be 57 in October, so I can relate a lot to you, especially the Vegas trip. Just got back from a convention in the Redneck Riviera - PCB, FL. Liquor stores on every corner. Clarecole, we all are here for each other, but I'm still feeling my way through. Don't feel exactly comfortable, but I come back here several times a day, everyday I'm home. I'd love to walk the rocky path with either or both you. It would be nice to have someone to share the climb with.:welcome: I want to learn how to PM so I share even more personal info about my story.:nicemeeting::nicemeeting: I get a bit lonely most days.
                          CJ :winkmonkey:
                          Hey rubywillow, Jump in with us!

I need to get caught up on the AF Army threads too.

To PM, just click on my name. It will give you an option, one being "send a PM".

Hope that helps. I had a great long phone conversation with another here and it felt really good to exchange stories. I'm getting exciting aboutthis starting now ...

WTE

Comment

Need a Buddy!

WTE,
                            I'm with you, buddy! I'm trying so hard right now to quit both AL and the cigs. Not sure I can do both, but they are so intertwined, that if I smoke, I want a drink, and vice versa. I'll be checking into the Army thread. So many buddies here. I am forever grateful. Alley

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Well, off to Vegas in a few hours. Still waiting on my Topa to arrive and I hope it's here when I get home. Hopefully I will have not totally pickled myself on the trip!

My planned start date is Sept 3rd.

Gatergirl: Are we still on with our goals for that day?

Others: See you all in a few days and I'm going to need all the buddies I can find!

Thank you and love you.

WTE

Comment

Working...
                              X