Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Buddy!

Have a good trip WTE, look forward to hearing about it when you get back
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Well, back from Vegas a day late. Had a pretty good birthday with my buddy. Waited all day for a call from my Ex, which never came. So I drank up a storm and really feel like crap now ...

Last night I came home to a large vase of my favorite flowers and a card from my Ex on the porch. He is making me insane and doesn't realize it! I'm not ready to be "friend-zoned" and he has asked me go out with him sometime next week for a martini. ARGH!

So all the tears came back and while I promised my crazy drinking would end in Vegas, I opened and drank a bottle last night.

My Topa has still not arrived. Have taken my supps this morning but am going crazy crying and want so badly to drive to the store to drown the hurt. I don't know if I can do this without the Topa. I CAN'T fail again! Maybe I am just using the missing Topa as an excuse to really get started.

I thought I was over him enough. Guess I'm not. Don't know what to do ...

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Well, what to do? First: Decide if you want to stop drinking, or not. If you really want to stop, set up a plan that will help you stop. Topa may or may not arrive, and if/when it does, it may or may not help with "craving." If you believe that you cannot stop drinking in the midst of cravings and impulses and wishes and thoughts... then sure enough, you can't and won't. But the truth is that EVERYONE who quits drinking, does so IN SPITE OF the presence of some degree of "craving" and wanting to drink.

It's kinda like being over this boyfriend, isn't it? Until you decide you really are OVER it, or him, then you are still in the middle of the pain. I hope you find a way out.

wip

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Hi, I know you really could use some compassion right now. I wish it was as easy as to decide to stop or not, of course you would stop who wouldn't. I feel for you and am here for you.

I think for you maybe baby steps like I will not drink tonite or this afternoon would be helpful!!!

Feel better,

Sammys

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Thanks for the responses. i REALLY WANT TO QUIT BOTH!

Taking an hour at a time this morning. Just feel so friggin weak right now.

Thanks for being here guys ...

WTE

Comment

Need a Buddy!

An hour at a time is GREAT. Good for you! You WILL get stronger... sometimes the key is to begin to ACT stronger, before you begin to really FEEL stronger ("fake it till you make it"), and then the strength will truly come through for you. Ask yourself: What would the healthy, strong ME do, right now?

wip

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Hi WTE, Wip is right about fake it until you make it. Also I found that alcohol made me more needy and more depressed.
                Be strong, you CAN and WILL do it.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Hi WTE,
                  Startingover has a very good point. The needy and depressed aspects of booze tend to complicate even the strongest of relationships. Perhaps it's time to put yourself at the top of your list. You are a unique and wonderful person, worthy of the best care you can give yourself. Put yourself in the control seat, not the drink. Exert that control by setting up a good plan for yourself that will not only leave the demon AL by the wayside but set you up to be the happiest, healthiest WTE you can be. We all know it's hard. It's not for sissies. We'll be there rooting you on.

Vera-b

Comment

Need a Buddy!

Thanks guys. I did pretty good yesterday ... on both addictions. LOL

Only a couple glasses of wine, which is BIG for me. And no contact with the ex.

It's a very weird "circle" I feel. Drink to forget the Ex = Feel worse about the Ex = Drink again to forget ...

Praying my Topa shows up today. I REALLY need to get off of this ride and go back to making myself #1.

Comment

Working...
                    X