Anyone on SSRIs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on SSRIs?

I take 40mg Celexa for depression and anxiety. I have suffered clinical depression and anxiety since I was a child, but was officially diagnosed about 6 yrs ago. I was always the "pull myself up by the bootstraps" kind of gal. Looking back, my dad had the same issues but they were not recognized at that time. Moody and high-strung were the descriptions of the day. He, of course, turned to the bottle. Unfortunately, I am my father's daughter.

I am concerned about taking the kudzu with SSRI. I have checked drug interaction websites and can find no adverse effects. I know I should go to the doc, but am not able to bring myself to do so at this time.

Thanks!
    We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
    We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Anyone on SSRIs?

Nan,
    I, too, am taking celexa-I don't know the dosage. I talked to a pharmacist -he told me to stay away from GABA and 5-HTP- he didn't say kudzu was a problem. I would ask your local pharmacist what he thinks-sometimes I think they know more than Drs about drug interactions. Kudzu might not be good for me with the uterine problems I have right now, so I am holding off that until I find out exactly what is going on with me. I am always afraid to mix substances and up until about two months ago I took nothing- now I have celexa, provera and all supps on this program. I am not keeping up with all I should be taking...i just forget. I also feel like I'm doing fine without all the supps so why take them?? I am looking forward to the CDs and will listen to them religiously when they arrive. Good luck, Nan. kriger Day 17
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

GO KRIGER!!!!!

Thanks for the info. It's encouraging.
      We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
      We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

Nan, I used to work for the company that made Celexa - I don't remember Kudzu being listed as a drug/drug interaction - although at the time I focused more on really popular drugs Celexa might interact with.

I like Kriger's suggestion about talking to a Pharm D - they DO know a lot more about interactions then MDs.

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

I'm taking Celexa, 30 mg. I don't know of any kudzu interactions, and haven't experienced any. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking tryptophan, 5-HTP, or St. John's Wort, and be aware of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome.
          Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
          A: Practice, of course.

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

I'm taking Setraline (think that's how you spell it). I would check with the doctor first before taking anything else with SSRI's as it might have a reaction or bad side effects. Maybe there is an alternative to take so that they don't react badly?
            AF since 19th August 2008! :yay::yay::wings::yay:

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

Hi, I am taking prozac (fluoxetine) and kudzu and gaba plus a whole host of other supplements. I have never felt better I don't think.
              Maybe I shouldn't be taking the gaba........
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Anyone on SSRIs?

Oh bloody hell, I have just looked at the link about serotonin syndrome and found that I am taking 2 of the drugs on the list that contribute to it!!! (montelukast and SSRI's) and the gaba....
                No wonder I am so effin happy :H
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                X