That voice in my head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That voice in my head!

I think that voice is pretty much a part of all us alkies. It drives me nuts some days as well as I am always alone and there is a store within walking distance. I try (only a few days AF now) to come here instead and read or post for help and it comes for sure. We are all pulling for you! Its hard to tame the beast, but do something (anything physical) to bide some time til your hubby gets home. My hubby works 14 hour days so it is a long stretch for me, but today I am AF. I hope you are as well!

love and light,
    FROGZ~

Comment

That voice in my head!

Brit, I love your comparison to the semi-truck.
      We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
      We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

That voice in my head!

I love the truck comparison also! BE STRONG!
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

That voice in my head!

HI EVERYONE!
          Thanx for all your support. The voice is one of the hardest things. It's just sooo convincing and i guess it's what i used to like to hear but now i just want it GONE!

I'd like to let everyone know that I MADE IT THROUGH. I did NOT drink. I have NEVER been soooooooo tempted. Posting on here really REALLY helped and you all have been so supportive. I must admit, i felt REALLY silly posting saying about the voice incase anyone thought i was crazy. I really felt that way. I thought i'd lost it *lol* It's an odd feeling fighting with yourself in you head.

Just got to get through the weekend now. With my hubbys hand and my my baby girl in my arms, i know i can do this.

Thank you for everything.

Comment

That voice in my head!

I don't think there is anything you could post here that would make me think you were crazy, because at one point in my own battle, I have probably thought it or done it myself. This is HARD, but also the most rewarding thing you can ever do for yourself. Each AF day you have will make you stronger.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
            X