Tired and more tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired and more tired...

Hello everyone, I'm new here, any tips? :new: A couple of things, I bartend. I don't drink on the job, but I do like to drink afterwork. Lately, it's been everyday for a month, until recently, hadn't had a drink since Monday. Am I binge or moderate??? Thanks!

Tired and more tired...

Hi CountryGirl

Welcome!

I also worked in bars for 25 years and I did drink on the job- it was expected!

I guess if you decided to stop on Monday and haven't drunk since then you might have caught the beast before it has firmly caught you.

If you can say to yourself you will only drink 3 drinks twice a week and you stick to that I would think you don't have too much of a problem, however if you can't stick to it you better join us lot here

Comment

Tired and more tired...

I would worry less about the every day part, and more about how much you drink on days you drink. One 5 oz. glass of wine (or equivelent, for a woman) is not a problem as referenced in the MyWayOut book, on which this web site is based. More than that is pushing the limits, I think, but different sources offer different thoughts on this. If you are drinking so much that you are not feeling well the next day, then you already know that is a problem.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Tired and more tired...

Countrygirl, I would take it even a little further than the others. My question to you would be, "can you take it or leave it?" Can you have one or two, walk away and not think about having anymore? If so then you probably don't have a problem.

However, if you have one, and that usually leads to another, and another then you might want to spend some time here. Doesn't necessarily matter how often it is (I used to only drink on the weekends), the key is what happens to you after that first drink.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
        X