LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

I WANT TO STOP DRIKING BUT I JUST CANNOT.I know i am an alcoholic and i need help.
    How does one stop. I tried so many times but i simply can't.My son is 21 and he is such a good boy but i always let him down when i am drunk. My daughter is 4yrs old and she even told me that i should stop drinking. What do i do? I know that i am a good person but when i drink i become a totally diferent person...I JUST CAN':upset::upset:T STOP.

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Eunice, remember that there is always hope... Right now I'm sure the light at the end of the tunnel is pretty dim but it is there and there is a way through.

I encourage you to spend some time here and read the thoughts, feelings and opinions of others on this site. While everyone is different, we're all here for the same reason, and when you read our stories hopefully you will realize you are not alone. Download and read the book - lots of good information in there as well.

Hopefully, doing this will help you realize that lots of people in the same position have gotten better and have turned their lives around. Sure, it takes a lot of work, but like most other things in life you get out of it what you put into it.

I'll be pulling for you.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Hi Eunice

Welcome :welcome:

Most of us have been where you are now- I just sent a reply to 'Want to be Sober' and basically will say the same to you- the only thing for me that guarantees I won't drink is Antabuse.

If you take a drink while on Antabuse it can even kill you, so believe me you don't, and it takes away a lot of white knuckling of 'shall I drink or shan't I'.

Alot of people here have had good results with the Topamax- I get bad side effects with that unfortunately, so have to go the Antabuse route.

Maybe you can read the antabuse thread you might decide it is an answer for you too.

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Welcome Eunice,

Have you read the book yet? It really is the best place to start as it has all the info about suppliments and different options for anti-craving medicines. The MWO program has opened my eyes to a whole new world, a world without AL.

It won't be easy but it will be the beginning of a new life for you
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

One must have a plan. What will you replace drinking with? The book is very insightful. I think exercise and proper nutrition/supplemements are the key to getting the mind in the right mindset.

All the best. You can change your life for the better. Many people have done it.

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Hey hun!
            I'm sorry you feel like you can't stop. Most of us here know what you're going through but you've come to a GREAT place. We're here to help and support you. For me, the drinking stopped when i got all my supplements which you can buy off this site. Read the book as well. Keep posting and good luck!

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Yes You Can....you can stop, but you have to first choose to make LOTS of different choices.

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

I agree with everything. And you WILL get your son's respect back, even more so. Because you will be an example of someone who deals with their issues. We all need examples like that.
                Stay with us!!!!!!!!!

Lila

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

I know your feeling of desperation all to well. Others here are RIGHT...make a plan, equip yourself with supps/diet/exercise. As you get AF days under your belt you feel better and stronger and can continue the fight. Make the decision to stop.....don't say "I Can't"....say I CAN AND WILL.....
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

eunice ...breathe

Take one step at a time. Recovery is a journey, keep trying and you will succeed.
                    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Eunice...

I am sorry you feel hopeless...boy, that's a feeling I think almost all of us can relate to. The first day I admitted I had a problem I bought the book, the supplements, the cds, and the topamax. I have everything but the topa now and am on day 5 AF. I am so new, but many here say the program really works if you want to change and commit to doing it.

Welcome, I truly hope you are able to find what you need here.

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Hi eunjice,

I hate that feeling of letting people down. I have let my job down, ex-wife down, kids, friends etc. My solution while drinking is to isolate. If I have no friends, partner, job etc, how can I let them down? Like you I feel that I am a good person with a lot to offer. But when I drink I just end up hurting the ones I love. I hate myself/alcohol for this.

My way of stoping at the moment is to have no money with which to buy alcohol. I am learning a lot from all the posts here and hope to find a better way to stay AF. There is a way for you to stop drinking. Have hope.

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Oh my heart goes out to you! I also have lost the respect of my teenage son who is now 15. His friends call me the "drunk lady"... that nearly killed me and I can understand why they feel that way, but what I must do now it try to not be the "drunk lady" anymore and maybe eventually the stigma will wear off and I can gain back his trust. Sober now for only 4 days so I got a long way to go. Please don't beat yourself up or give up! There is light at the end of the tunnel and for once it might not be a train!

All the best,

Love and light,
                          FROGZ~

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

this was a hard thread to reply to,if you no your alchoholic,and you cant stop go to the hospital emergency,tell them you want to die,theyll fix you,been there not pretty,psychitrists,psycoligists,and most of them were addicts themselves,you have a grip and realise it,you seem to no your not happy with what your doin,ive never had a hard time stoppin,its the thot tht i cant stay stopped my dear keep comin here and listen great people gyco

Comment

LOST RESPECT (MY SON)

Eunice, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. The MWO program is started with reading the book, taking the supplements (topa or not), and gaining support from this site. It's not a magic bullet, but it requires some work and some honesty.

:welcome:If you follow the MWO program, it will get better.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X