Sex Sleep (Might be TMI...Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is day 5 AF for me. Last night I finally saw my boyfriend (after being apart since Sunday) and can I say that the sex was GREAT! Does being AF do that? I noticed it felt better and I was able to enjoy myself a lot more, and just be a lot more present in the moment. Is this a pleasant side effect of being AF or did I just miss him?

Also, I slept FOREVER today. Went to bed a little after midnight and slept until after NOON! Holy cow - that hasn't happened in years. I couldn't believe it when I woke and saw how late it was.

I still had that dull headache when I woke up. Sigh. It's day five for crying out loud!

Anyway...Happy Saturday to everyone and I hope you all achieve your goals for today!

Sassy

Hey Sassy - sex was great?? Hey - I've been happy to remember it!!! How many times I drew a blank to that question "do you remember what we did last night???? wink wink!!!" Uh - no......
    I hated that!!
    xoxo peanut

Comment

Yeah, sex SHOULD be better without the alcohol! Sometimes it takes some time to get to the point of being willing to try it... it's like anything else if you are used to ALWAYS doing it while drunk (dancing comes to mind!)...

wip

Comment

Hi Sassy, totally agree with you. It is great and much more fun sober.
        We have been married for 21 years and it almost feels like new again:H
        Makes me so happy.

You are doing great. You will feel even better as time goes on!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good point WIP, it is the initial scary factor....will it be ok....do I really feel like it.
          When I first stopped drinking I was fully expecting not to bother any more

Comment

I know what you mean - I actually had to pose this question to my BF. "Sex every night with me not remembering it? OR sex somewhat less often, but good and I can recall it all?" That was actually kind of a hard question for the poor dude!

Comment

Peanut;390060 wrote: That was actually kind of a hard question for the poor dude!
              LOL @ Peanut.

TMI Again, but I actually was horny - WAY horny - all week. Sadly, I was never really that way before. Maybe the al was masking it or destroying my sex drive...I don't know. God my boyfriend is going to be THRILLED if this stays this way

Comment

go girl :H

Comment

A Work in Progress;390053 wrote: Yeah, sex SHOULD be better without the alcohol! Sometimes it takes some time to get to the point of being willing to try it... it's like anything else if you are used to ALWAYS doing it while drunk (dancing comes to mind!)...

wip
                  LOL WIP, I have absolutely NO rhythm but would always be the first one to start a dance session in our lounge shaking my tush!:H
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Right on honey!! You've given me my laugh for the day!! Hahaha!

Comment

I think when the only time your doing it is when you are drunk, you tend to focus more on making it all about yourself (yourself being a generic term). After you get sober, you tend to stop focusing so much on yourself, and more on the overall experience with your partner. It becomes more of an 'us' thing than a 'me' thing....

My two cents anyway...
                      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

You are so right Athlete.....well said.

Comment

Hey! FANTASTIC!!!! I have no idea if AF does that as it's always been FANTASTIC for me *rofl* I'm sooo happy for you!!!!! I honestly had a great laugh reading your post!!
                          Keep it up! oh and GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Calling all those sober booties - get on the floor!

:disco:

Comment

Oh crap!!

I never dance when I'm sober - not that I know how to when I'm drunk either.... I look something like this.....:alf::banana:
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X