Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY for the MY WAY OUT TEAM!!!!!

:yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:

I'd just like to say thanks all you guys for the support so far, just saying good bye to the end of day 2 AF. The last time I tried to go AF by day 2, I was nearly at my wits end.

The Alcohol helpline number the doc gave me was almost always busy and when you did get through I felt I was talking to someone who probably had never had a drink in their lives and were reading out of a handbook.

So thank you all

I am sure I will go through a rough patch, but I am unconcerned as I know I can come here and get the support and encouragement I need.

I actually went grocery shopping today, first time in a month and brought all sorts of goodies. Normally my trolley would have beer, wine, milk, pies and two minute noodles in it.
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

The only time I felt like a drink today was when I was organising the dogs food, but it was merely out of habit, not a craving. So I had a delicious pomegranate and apple drink and as soon as i had a glass of something in my hand I was sweet as. Will have to watch that time of day but now I know when it's probably going to hit me most, I can watch for it.

Comment

way to go zep,you are in the rt spot,lot of xperience here,lot of great people,lot of good stories just read and when your down,just think of how much more down ,if you had gotten loaded,this place has done wonders for me and many more,just keep comin and sharin GREAT STUFF gyco have a great day

Comment

thanks gyco, as I've said in so many posts, I wish I'd found this place earlier. When I finally plucked up the courage to see a dr. the first time, I got prescribed some diazipam, got a pat on the back and a number for our local helpline.

Going to AA wasn't an option for me, and after I'd talked to the helpline once I was put off them too. So I struggled on alone and then slipped back to the booze again.

Comment

Hey Zeppie -

A hi and welcome form me too! :welcome:

Sounds like you and MWO are perfect for each other - good!!!

Keep it up!! And glad you found us

- WW

Comment

Whoo hooo Zeppie! Congrats! Everyone is right - identifying the triggers is key! I am on day 8 and I never thought a big wino like me woud get there. I didn't drink during the day, etc only at night, but enough to make me worry! I feel awesome and you will too. This place has been a saving grace for me and I thank God every day that "Google" led me here! Keep strong and you have friends here to support you!

Your new friend,

K
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Welcome Zeppie! I agree that recognizing your trigger time(s) is key. You are off to a great start!

Keep the Faith!
              Guy
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Way to go Zeppie! Keep up the great attitude, every day will just get better. Indulge yourself with healthy drinks and food and you'll feel even better!
                And Welcome!
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

kool well done keep on keeping on ..stay strong and think positive
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi again Zeppie - glad to hear you're feeling so positive - whatever you do, don't let your guard down!!!
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Zeppie,
                      We're so glad you found this site too. It was a dream come true for me. I had made the decision to go to outpatient rehab and spend thousands of dollars when I found this site. It has been my life line for the past 3.5 weeks. I am now AF 22 days and counting. I owe it all to all my new firends here!! Keep up the good work- you sound absolutely fabulous!!! kriger
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey
                        FANTASTIC!!! Well done!!! It feels great doesn't it!!?!!
                        Keep it up!
                        We're all here for you and soo proud!!!

Comment

What a lovely positve post to read. Proud of you!!!!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

welcome and congrats sounds like you are doing well

Comment

Thanks everybody

Thank you all for your posts, I am just saying good morning to Day 3, bring it on!!!!

Slept incredibly well last night, without any meds or valerian and to my surprise it was the first time I have either had or remembered a dream in years. It was crazy and full of people from my past, grandparents and even highschool sweethearts etc. I haven't thought about those people in years.

I had become an all day drinker in the last year, but as I said the time that hit me yesterday was at dog food prep time (and I've got 23 of them), so it takes a long time to get their food ready. Will have to think up a tasty special drink for this evenings prep.

I have enough to keep me busy during the day, my house and property is a bombsite!!!! I can't believe I let it get this way, I am finding all sorts of things all over the place, not to mention things I have been looking for for ages and there they are right infront of my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X