Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waving Hello

:new:
    Like everyone else, I am starting over again. I am so very glad I was able to find you by clicking on one thread after another. Still not sure what I clicked on to end up here, but who cares. Maybe...ya'll found me?? Hmm interesting thought.
    Anyway, I have been reading and reading the entire site, and the posts. Each and everyone of you are awsome.
    After a severe kidney infection and soon after bronchitis, apparantly my resistance is down!! Dang who would think that almost daily drinking of hard alcohol and lots of it could be causing that in addition to dangerously high blood pressure and scary low blood sugar? Or taking longer to over a binge? ughhh
    But when you go to the doctor and admit, that yes I am an alcoholic, well, the ones I have seen lately have all studied medicine under the attack, condem, threaten and bully this patient to sanity, School of Medicine. The latest one giving me the old "you need to find a local AA tonight and bring me back a signed statement that you were there" Bless her, I know she means well, but she doesnt know me well enough yet to try to back me into a corner. My newest goal to start with, I will not allow anyone or anything to intimidate me, or get away with a guilt trip. I think we all do that better ourselves, to ourselves than anyone else could. But I like her strength, Im not looking for a doc that will humor me, or just give me pills. I told her what I have accomplished in the week since I saw her last, and while not overly happy about my choice of not going to AA, she is willing to work with me. I plan on taking her some information on this site. Only she can decide if she approves it or not. I know I do. I am not in anyway saying anything bad about AA. I am sure they have helped many, many people. For me, I think I like starting here, and then we will see.
    I will be ording the book and supps, and will ponder the cd's.
    Sorry for this long winded--uhmm typed introduction, but hey its my first!!
    oh and btw, I am 5 days AF, will see what happens tomorrow!

Waving Hello

Welcome Tapestry

I am a newbie to the site also, day 3 AF, and like you AA wasn't that appealing to me. Perhaps I have seen to many bad examples of an AA meeting on movies. I am finding this site wonderfully helpful and stumbled across it by accident also.
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Waving Hello

Tapestry,

:welcome: Yay on 5 days sober. By day 10, the physical stuff is all gone.

Yes, the supplements are great. I buy the AllOne at a health food store in my town.

It is the core of my supplements.

Without them, I feel very tired.

I am glad you found a doctor who cares. I agree, they have all been trained to say "Go to AA and do the steps." Most without having a freaking idea what that means.

I sure do look forward to getting to know you.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Waving Hello

Welcome both Tapestry and Zeppie. If we all stay together and draw inspiration from each other, we can build a new way of living. Welcome to the community.

Comment

Waving Hello

hi im gyco,nc story.most doc s dont have euff education to no whats wrong with you,and if they did they would be in your situationi found tht out this year,rude awkening,it wasnt a movie,you dont want to go there so all tell u what i lerned,either stop or moderate,YOU no what,you keep comin here and your strong enuff to succeed gycoo

Comment

Waving Hello

Welcome! Great job on 5 days!

Comment

Waving Hello

Highly recommend the CDs! (I might be one of the few - but they've really really helped me in a short period of time!)

Great job on five days...and welcome

Sassy

Comment

Waving Hello

Welcome fellow newbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Waving Hello

Tapestry,
                  Welcome! It sounds like you are well on your way with this program. I'm with Sassy on the CDs; they are good for me in my personal journey. I hope you stay with us; you will end up making lots of new friends. I look forward to getting to know you. Kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Waving Hello

Fantastic post, Tapestry, and welcome! I love your attitude. Just keep on using that attitude in a positive direction, as you are right now, and you will be AWESOME!! Welcome. You might want to join in the Booze Busters thread, I think you will get a lot out of it, and we can learn a lot from you.

wip

Comment

Waving Hello

Welcome Tapestry... we are all on a journey. It helps to have friends join that journey. Congrats on 5 days AF.... I haven't made it that far but 3-4 days a week AF is a big improvement. I have the CDs and supplements... haven't taken them religiously and should. The CDs are really good I found... I should be doing that every day but... I still have "buts"... that is my weakness. Do everything you can... supplements, CDs, exercise (much exercise helps!!)... and do come here to MYO... many good people with a lot of help, advice and experience... Go!!!
                      Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. -- Nelson Mandala 1994

Comment

Waving Hello

HEY!!! Well done for going to you doctor. It's horrible having to sit there and say you have a drinking problem but that shows you are strong and you're ready to change you life. WELL DONE.
                        This program is great. I could NEVER have gone AF if this program and site wasn't here! I hope it works as well for you as if has for me.
                        We're all here to support you so keep posting. I look forward to talking and getting to know you in the future.
                        GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Waving Hello

Welcome Tapestry and well done on day 5 - I've managed to psych myself up to start my 30 days next week - BRING IT ON!!!
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                          X