Not doing so bad..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing so bad..

So I've managed to go to three night shifts without a drop of alcohol (YAY!).
    I did however recieve quite a bit of grief from my regulars but I don't care because I'm switching to days next week! Thank god.
    Went out for a birthday dinner last night had a bit of wine but not too much and when I got home, I completely ignored the vodka I have stached in the cupboard I really should just get rid of that..
    Anyways my drive to not drink is pretty strong right now I do have a birthday party to attend this Saturday night ...a bar of course and have to work the next day. I think that will be a bit tricky but I think I'll be ok because the thought of being hungover at work REALLY doesn't appeal to me...actually the thought of being hungover EVER doesn't really appeal to me.
    Wish me luck!!

Not doing so bad..

Good luck to you! I can tell you are strong and focused. You CAN do this. And you are so right - being hungover SUCKS. I didn't realize what a wonderful thing it is to wake up non-hung. Amazing!
    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Not doing so bad..

Thanx!! It's true the hangover is brutal just and uncomfortable reminder of the stupidity of yesterday. I'm so much happier waking up normal now and actaully SLEEPING for once!!
      Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Not doing so bad..

P.s Poured the vodka out...if it's not there then I can't drink it!!! HA!

Comment

Not doing so bad..

Good for you!
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Not doing so bad..

Go Bartender!
            You are making some good choices. Keep that thought of HANGOVER fresh in your mind while at the birthday party this weekend and you'll do just fine. There is life after Alcohol!!!! kriger
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Not doing so bad..

Bartender;392934 wrote: P.s Poured the vodka out...if it's not there then I can't drink it!!! HA!
              Good for you - The only way I can do it is to NOT HAVE IT IN THE HOUSE. We have a bar full of liquor downstairs AND a beermeister full of beer (husband and I entertain alot) but it is the WINE that is my downfall. Don't like the other stuff usually, although I have been known to sneak a sip into my tomato juice once in a great while when there was no wine....Augh, terrible memories! This last time I emptied out a 5L box of shiraz - brilliant me, I decided to cut open the bag that holds the wine in order to get rid of it quicker and it totally exploded on me. At least I got a laugh out of my "last hurrah"...
              "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Working...
              X