taking valium and drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all i have got in to a bad habbit of taking valium and drinking. i know its not good just wondering if it really is that bad for you? im only drinking a max of 3 drinks some times only 1 or non a night. but tonight i have had 3 and a few valium.

is there a problem with taking both?

thank you all

By the way its 3:30am here and i just cant sleep.. :upset:

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Hi Karl, I don't think it is a good idea to take valium and alcohol. They both depress the central nervous system and can be very dangerous.

Also alcohol wrecks sleep patterns.

Did you manage to make an appointlment with your doctor? You said you were going to try.
    Hope you are OK mate
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Karl,

Take a look. Good information. I would consult your physician. The combination of the two can lead to death.

Valium and Alcohol
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

hey, well i did postpone it. and well now my mother(god bless her) is making the first step tomorrow, but calling and making me the appointment.

Im so friggin scared about going, i have wrote down a few things, i just think its going to be hard to tell my entire life story of being dependant on some form of drug(crutch).

one day i may 'man up' and write my story here. but its kinda hard to remember it all.

Comment

wow that describes me to a T :such as memory problems, unusual behavior, and drowsiness. i just thought it was who i have become...

Comment

Don't be scared Karl, you will get the help you need.

Comment

I really hope so. i know its ruining me. ive done my af time, and well fell straight back in to the same person, except not drinkin to excess like before. down to only a few drinks a night instead of 2 or more bottles a night

ive i had my licence id get into my car tomorrow morning and drive far away. and start a new life some where else.

but guess what, alco took my licence away too... :upset:

Comment

Karl we are all pulling for you. Please stop the Valium and alcohol. Here is a link...it's bad news!

Valium and Alcohol

You will be ok - stay strong. You have friends here.
                "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

karl, you can't run away from your problems buddy. Come on, you have done well in the past you know you can do it again.
                  Here for you karl

Comment

after reading that site made me think. my dr gave tme the valium to help with depression? wtf.
                    whats good for depression, or well whats good just to block out all the pain, hurt inside?

Comment

starting over, yeah i know im just fragile little fella caught up in all this shit.. lol. sorry probally shouldnt be laughing at what i wrote

Comment

Valium is not an anti depressant. it is a tranquiliser. You need to speak to a psychiatric doctor and deal with the pain. You cant block it out. It doesn't work that way.

Comment

Other than that it can kill you... it's fine... And valium is NOT an antidepressant, no matter what your doctor may have said. Some physicians have their heads up their butts as to psychiatric and substance abuse problems. Valium is an anti-anxiety medication, so it slows you down, and it can slow you ALL the way down, if you combine it with alcohol.

wip

Comment

Cross-posted with Starting Over. Listen to what Starting Over said, OK, because it is exactly spot-on. Get some genuine help, and stick around here for info and support about how to get free of the alcohol, OK?

wip

Comment

ok i understand. i just thought i might help me, i know its a stupid thought. but well tuff time cause for tuff measures.. I have no where else to turn anymore. i dont want to worry the people around me with my problems.

yes i confess im a sad case. i cant help it, allways tried my best to help out people. give money to the homeless when i see them, give money and support to my ex after she broke my heart. help my family with things. but all i ever get back is Grow up, your an idiot ect...

I thought when you give good things they will come back to you in some way or other.. looks like this world isnt like that. people take take take, and never give support or help back.. sad really...

i tried my best..

Comment

Working...
                              X