I'm posting again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm posting again

It?s day 4 and I feel great about that. Look, no hangover. I can?t remember a day that I didn?t start out hung over and end it drunk. I could never imagine my life without the very thing that was destroying my life. What a horrible trap. How good it feels to share that with all of you. And I?d like to share with all of you how I got here, again: ?The Easy Way to Stop Drinking?, a simple book. It gave me the knowledge I needed and told me to forget about willpower, because if you only use willpower to stop drinking you are doomed to fail. I?ve failed AA many times. And with the help and support of all of you, especially indiamike2, hopefulnow, sheepish, shelbysmiles, boozehag and vlad, I?m looking forward to day 5. I can?t thank you enough and tell you how good it felt that you replied to my ramblings of a post. It is so wonderful that I (or we) are not alone. And for those who promised NOT to hit me with a stick, DAMN, I never have any fun.
    A warning to you; this feels so good that I might be compelled to post again?
    Thank you.
    Love you.
    Joe?

I'm posting again

Hey Joe, keep posting buddy. Feels good doesnlt it this af lark?
    Great to hear you are doing well and it just gets better
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm posting again

Oh yes, i read the allen carr book and liked it. It does help!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm posting again

Hi Joe,
        :welcome:

My Internet is working in spurts, so I haven't posted much at all lately.

Doesn't it feel great to wake up without a hangover? It's my favorite part of being sober. I don't think I realized how bad I felt, until I felt good.

I read Allen Carr's book about quitting smoking, the theories are similar. Along with that and the support here and other tools it's working!!

Take care.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I'm posting again

Joe, if you want to get hit with a stick, jump onto the AF Army thread. I'm sure one2many will be more than happy to give you an ass whoopin'...LOL!! Welcome and keep posting
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I'm posting again

Yay Joe! Good for you. I have read parts of that book - it is a great read.
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I'm posting again

LookingToGrow;394168 wrote: Joe, if you want to get hit with a stick, jump onto the AF Army thread. I'm sure one2many will be more than happy to give you an ass whoopin'...LOL!! Welcome and keep posting
              o2m is the resident slapper. She's very good at it too! :H
              "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I'm posting again

As LVT said: I don't think I realized how bad I felt, until I felt good.
                Boy can I relate to that! I'm on day 4 AF (again) and feel so good I can't believe it! Looking to start 30 days on Sept. 1 with a lot of other here!
                Joe --- so glad to hear you're doing well .... many (most) of us here felt just like you.... or a lot of times, I'd feel so bad in the morning, I would go 1 day AF simply because I felt bad, but by the 2nd day when I was feeling good again, the same stupid cycle would begin. I'm not a slow learner, but you'd never guess it the way I handled AL!

Comment

I'm posting again

Yay, Joe! Allan Carr gave you some motivating thoughts, but you did the work!
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm posting again

Hey!
                    WELL DONE!!!!! I can't WAIT to have those feelings again. I haven't read the book but i'll order it now.
                    You're doing soooooo well *hug* Keep it up, stay strong and happy!! Oh and POST AWAY HUN. The more the better!

Comment

I'm posting again

okee dokee

LookingToGrow;394168 wrote: Joe, if you want to get hit with a stick, jump onto the AF Army thread. I'm sure one2many will be more than happy to give you an ass whoopin'...LOL!! Welcome and keep posting
                      ..........you are all so wonderful......so, who's one2many????......

Comment

I'm posting again

She's the little leprechaun that started drafting all of us for the AF Army...LOL!! Never a dull moment with her online...LOL!! Check it out. We start a new thread every
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I'm posting again

Hey NewJoe - YEAH!

Its One Day At a Time. ODAT

Do be careful and be nice to yourself. Its important to understand your triggers.

We are here to be support but you need to do all the hard work. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Please let us know how you are progressing. Many if us have way too much experience and hopefully can help you with our infinite wisdom (ok stop laughing guys).

Keep posting!

Erin
                          Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

I'm posting again

God, where's one2many when I need her????????

Comment

I'm posting again

You okay, Joe?
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X