• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you people?

Hi, I am 48
    Married for 20 years to a great guy that doesn't abuse al
    3 kids, 27, 15, & 13
    Grandchildren 5 & 2
    Have screwed up because of al many times throughout my life, but the past two years have been hell.
    Wondering what my children must think of me.
    Trying to forgive myself and NEVER touch al again.
    Part-time community college instructor
    Only hobby that I can think of is reading - Reading the Easy Way to Stop Drinking by Allen Carr now
    Grateful to have found this site
    Hope :h

Comment

Who are you people?

Hi! I'm 43
      Married 11 years, wonderful husband. He drinks daily and has no plan to change that.
      son - 10 this month
      daughter - 8
      love them to pieces
      I work in IT management
      love music, play handbells at church and rock and roll with friends whenever we can get together and do it (guitar/keyboard)
      wine is my drink of choice for the past several years, though I've had my share of beer and some mixed drinks too over the years.
      at day 15 AF today!
      would like to try to moderate after 30 days AF

Comment

Who are you people?

Hey Manny you dont have to loose all that keep the love give up the drink!!!!! Pm me if you want to talk I have been were you are several times its not hopless thats the drink talking there is great hope and resolve waiting for you. Life doesnt suck !!!!! its the drink that sucks the life out of you!
        cap

Comment

Who are you people?

47 female in SW Us. (BTW -love being my age - what's wrong with us women??)
          Almost divorced and conflicted about it, hubby will still take me back -but don't want to lie anymore
          New here since yesterday (thanks for the welcome)
          4 kids, 1 in college, 3 at home
          Author, workshop presenter, lecturer, kid's taxi cab driver
          Hobbies - musician, reading, spin (cycle) class, hiking and running - been doing less of all this since the drinking has picked up - hope to get back to what I enjoy
          1 dog - shiba inu -a very stand offish breed

Comment

Who are you people?

:bump: for the newbies.

I was curious to look back through this thread as well. So many have come and gone. I hope they have all found their way out and are happy.
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Who are you people?

but what you are looking for? :frog: :jumpwow:
              German Forum on Baclofen and Alcohol http://www.baclofen-forum.com/
              my alcohol baclofen statistic
              http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/fets/

Comment

Who are you people?

40 male
                Married 9 years, two boys 4 and 7, eldest with Aspergers
                Ex-pro sportsman
                Designer Engineer Inventor
                Surfer
                Al mother

Comment

Who are you people?

fets;736651 wrote: but what you are looking for? :frog: :jumpwow:
                  Fets, I think what AK was looking at is that so many that posted on this thread are no longer posting, at all on any thread.
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Who are you people?

44 year old no-longer-single mom of a 17 year old and 18 year old
                    Apparently, grandmother-to-be
                    Self-employed web designer for the last 9 years
                    Horse lover/owner
                    Country bumpkin
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Who are you people?

Yep, LTG thats what I meant. There are so many I remember and miss (Montana Mommy was a special friend) I just hope their experience with MWO was a good one and they are happy.

Sunshine, I am a graphic artist so we are kindred souls. I would love to be self emploiyeed. Although I have to admit I have a pretty sweet deal where I work. Company vehicle and the works.

So come on newbies, tell us about yourself.

Comment

Who are you people?

I think back when this thread started, I did not post. So, I will do so now
                        Female, about to turn 50.
                        Birth mother of 3, stepmother of 2.
                        Grandma of 6, so far.
                        Stay at home granny at this point, but looking to launch my own biz.
                        Love the wine, but it does not love me back.
                        Married for the 3rd time to a retired sailor. Will do whatever it takes this time. At 28 days this time around and am focused on day 30, again. Sat is day 30 and that will be hard. 39 days is my longest in the last year and a half.
                        :l
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Who are you people?

46 year old divorced mother of a 16 year old girl and 15 year old boy.
                          Accountant
                          Also a horse owner and lover, gardener, pianist, dog owner and lover, grudgingly work out 3
                          times a week and an alcoholic.
                          Finally Free

Comment

Who are you people?

:H red "grudgingly work out 3x a week..."
                            Yes, dog, cat, whatever the kids drag in lover/owner here, too
                            Play guitar (kinda.. haven't picked it up in ages) and gardener... definitely gardener, too

AKgirl, it's nice being self-employed, about the only thing I really despise is the 'collecting' and the administrative nonsense So, if you got a sweet deal... stay where you are!

LTG.. you will make it this time! PM me ANYTIME! You WILL make it past 30! Dammit :H
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Who are you people?

AKGirl Welcome

45 Mama to 6
                              Married 19 years
                              2 dogs
                              Fightin the wine for years; on the higher ground currently ( and like it!
                              stable and fairly happy!

:welcome:

MDHW
                              :nutso::nutso:

Comment

Who are you people?

Thanks MDHW but I'm not a newbie anymore. I started this thread about a year ago. I've been at it a while. Doing better sometimes than others but not giving up and am happy with my path right now.

So the :welcome: should go to you. Happy you are here.

Comment

Working...
                                X