Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came across this web page about a year ago. Still drink almost a 12 pack a day and smoke like a train. Hate it, Exspecially the drinking, Hate it for my daughter. But I love to get drunk and go to bed early, cause I am up at 2:00 amn for work. So maybe I am not ready for this, the smokeing yes, feel it in the lungs. HELP.:new:

Hi, Lizard. Can't say whether you are "ready for this" or not, since you still "love to get drunk.."?? But I'm glad you are asking the question. Stick around, and see what you think.

wip

Comment

Hi There!
      Good to see you here.
      NOT a good sign, if you're saying that you 'love to get drunk'... but hey, we've all been there.
      BUT, it's a good sign that you've taken the step to come here and post... it show's that you realise you have a problem.
      Keep reading the threads and keep posting.
      Love,
      C
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Hi Lizard and welcome,
        Your here and that's a start, but I was wondering just how "here" you are? Have you read the book? Are you interested in the whole program, supps and meds or just this site for now? Either way, these are some amazing people. We will all support you. Stick around:welcome:
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Welcome Lizard,
          I'm new here too, and I have to say, we're all in this mess because we all LOVE to get drunk! - all of us for different reasons. But, it doesn't mean that we don't want to love everything else just as much, and most importantly, ourselves.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey.
            You love to get drunk... hmmm. I found that there was never a right time to stop and honestly i was never ready but i knew i needed to stop for my health, husband and baby. I'm guessing by reading your post you want to stop for you daughter (am i right) You'll find as you start you AF life that there are much more fun thing to do instead of getting drunk!
            Good luck. We're all here for you!

Comment

Hi LizardTitantic! I still 'Love to get drunk' but I know after all my vodka drinking it's just not healthy! I'm planning to go alcohol free for 30 days starting 1st September...
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Welcome Lizard.
                Maybe you want to tackle one thing at a time?
                Quite a few people here give up smoking and drinking together as well.
                I hope you figure out what is best for you soon.
                We are here to help whatever you decide to do.
                Good luck
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

honesty

WOW
                  I am suprised to get such a negative feedback, from a few people. Isnt the first step admitting???. To the ones that left a negative feedback you were all there at one point, were you still likesd it, but still looked into it. To the ones that know what it is truely like.:thanks:

Comment

I agree with WIP.....stick around and READ...post some. You and only you can make this happen. We can support you, but the hard work comes from you.
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Welcome Lizard,

This is a wonderful understanding forum, you have come to the right place if you are looking for support in modding or abstaining from AL all together.

I would definetly start by reading the book as it holds all the secrets to successfully working the MWO program. All the info regarding the different meds available and a list of recommended suppliments are also in the book.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

here we go

okay have really not been on for a while, but still read things that everyone writes. After 2months of haveing the persrcption of haveing chantix, I finally got it filled, My Insurance would not pay for it. I have read so many succees stories of people takeing chantix and they quit drinking, am hoping and praying that this works for me with drinking and smokeing. already sighned up for sopport on the chantix web page. Please help. I need this. I know this sounds desprate, I am not. Just wanting a change in lifestyle. And for my own persoanl gain, to see if I really have the drive and desire. WOW is that an oxy moran thing????? Change is scary. Please dont dog me, there are to many reborn again christians out there

Comment

Hi Lizard,

Welcome here, nobody is doggin you or going to here. This is a great bunch of supportive people, we are all going through our own tough times, but you will find tonnes of help here if you want it. You sound like you have made a great leap since your previous posts, well done for that. Keep it going.

Yes, change is very scary. But you want to change, so dont forget that. Plus it doent happen over night. Check out our newbies nest (im not an "oldbie" - but loving the nest, my fellow nestlings and the comfort there).

Oh, and try not ot be too hard on yourself, just keep trying....Nx
                          Live your life in such a way that
                          when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                          Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

No I hear you totally...I love to get drunk as well...or at least I think I do...and we shouldn't judge cuz obviously we all "loved to get drunk" at one time or another. You are being honest and that's great. I agree...I'm waiting for my "stuff" in the mail...thought it would be here today, but no....but anyway....yes we love the "drunk"...we can do anything...say anything...be anyone....probably go through anything...more so than if we were sober...but "normal" people don't have to have the "crutch" to do anything, say anything, not HAVE TO go through the hurtful stuff you go through when drinking.....all I can say is that I am not sober right now...hoping to be, can't wait for the help to arrive because after being hooked on this site...I know it's possible...and I don't mean sobriety...I mean inner happiness and strength!!!!!!!!
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Hey there Lizard - great to see you at MWO! Hope the chantix helps you ay, - look forward to hearing about your progress. Bless you
                              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                              X