Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Librium

Really Sad;396954 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I am just so sad. After another stupid night where I got drunk I woke up this morning, my husband and the love of my life told me he just can't do this anymore, that I have broken his heart, that he doesn't feel like he can trust me anymore, that I care more about drinking than I care about his feelings. That this feels more like abuse than love. Since I grew up with an alcoholic father, you'd think I would have learned what it means to do this to somebody. I am just so full of self-loathing, which is why I drink. Drinking turned me from a really pretty, super smart, successful young woman into a person I hardly recognize anymore: depressed, near-obese, with a sallow face and interest in doing not much more than pushing through the days so that at night I can sit and watch the same Law and Order re-runs over and over until I pass out. Of course this is not a life my husband wants to live! I hate this life! I want to give both of us the life we deserve. We are good people. I need help. A long time ago - before my drinking really got out of hand - I went to some AA meeting for adult children of alcoholics. There was just something too creepy about the whole thing. Then I saw something about MWO when I was googling "drinking help". I read the book, and here I am. What next?

Thank you to anybody who has some suggestions.
    I would find a hospital a couple of hours away from your hometown and have yourself checked in for detox and rehab. Check to see if they have a detox and rehab floor first though. Ask for a private room. Take alot of books with you. I was nervous when I went but in a way I was almost sad when I left. Within 30 minutes of getting into your room they will have you relaxed and comfortable. They wont preach to you, they will simply state facts and tell you what you medically need to do to get better. They will rehydrate your body and give you vitamins as well as stuff to get rid of your urges and anxiety. Just ask your job for a leave of absence. Your insurance should pay for it, mine did. If you dont have insurance they will set up a payment plan for you.

Thats all just my opinion though.

Comment

Librium

Glad to hear you feel good about your treatment Dazed. We were all so sorry to see you go earlier this month.

Keep up the hard work of your current phase.

Comment

Librium

Dazed, Glad to see you back with treatment and AF days under your belt. I thought you were going to be in for 30 days? It sounds like it was a positive experience for you-that's so good. Maybe you can give us all some tips to stay AF that we don't know about? Do you have to go right back to work? Welcome home, Dazed. Kriger Day 27
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Librium

want to say hello to everyone i stumbled upon your site after waking up with a hangover and not feeling to good about my drinking hope to get some support from you guys and hopefully lend some support also

Comment

Librium

islandboy;397018 wrote: want to say hello to everyone i stumbled upon your site after waking up with a hangover and not feeling to good about my drinking hope to get some support from you guys and hopefully lend some support also
            Hi Islandboy - you might want to start a new thread, just thinking people might miss your post here. But welcome to MWO, I find it really supportive and helpful. I start my stint Alcohol Free tomorrow for 30 days. We have a thread AF Army over in General if you're interested. Have you read Roberta's Book yet?
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Librium

Dazed,
              Stick with the prescribed dosage. If you see that you're taking more than prescribed, contact your doc. Our addictive personalities say to us, "maybe one more and I'll be even more relaxed." Be careful and monitor yourself.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Librium

kriger;397013 wrote: Dazed, Glad to see you back with treatment and AF days under your belt. I thought you were going to be in for 30 days? It sounds like it was a positive experience for you-that's so good. Maybe you can give us all some tips to stay AF that we don't know about? Do you have to go right back to work? Welcome home, Dazed. Kriger Day 27
                I was going to do the 30 day program but after a tour of the campus and a view of all of the rules they had I was turned off. I was in such bad shape at the time they would not accept me any way and asked me to check into the local Hospital for detox. Once at the hospital the Doc explained that they also have a rehab program. I was more relaxed with the hospital setting because I am not a religious person and the 30 program was very into spiritualism.

I was medically treated and spoke to on a regular basis by the staff concerning what to expect. Those people saved my life. They diagnosed an underlying medical condition that was literally killing me and they began fixing it. I did not attent any group counciling or have to stand up and explain my child hood or any of that.

My only beef with the Hospital I stayed at was the IV poles they use, those things are huge, going to the bathroom was like dragging a 200 pound boulder along with me.

Oh yeah the work thing. I am on a 30 day leave of absence but as soon as labor day is over I am going back early as soon as my primary doc clears me.

Comment

Librium

I understand and fully agree. I think I like this drug because it doesnt really do anything other than make you quit shaking. After a couple of weeks the shakes go away and you no longer have any use for it. It does not get you high or alter you in any way. Maybe if you took a large enough dose it may do something but I dont know and do not intend to find out.

Comment

Working...
                  X