Hey all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all

Have I ticked anyone off? If so I apologise. I am just kind of pumped up after being sick for so long. Its like I cant sit still. I am about to go spend the rest of the day restoring my yard to its former glory, I have always had the best lawn on the street and it has gone down hill this year.

DaC

Hey all

Not me bud, just glad you are feeling better.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey all

when drinking it is easy to get behind at home. Get going....glad you are feeling good.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hey all

DAC,
        Have fun out in your yard today; I will be curled on my couch watching "chick" movies. It is raining here. I am glad you figured out what was wrong...that was a long time of suffering for you. Are you going to get rain/wind from Gustov? kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey all

Possibly in the near future. I was just about finished weed eating and ran out of string so I am cooling off for a few. It is freaking hot outside.

Honestly, though, if I ticked anyone off, again I am sorry.

Comment

Hey all

hi d&c

I don't think you ticked anybody off. I think a few were sceptical of your illness in that it was a scapegoat to quit drinking. That obviously wasn't the case. When people started questioning, it appeared to me that you got a little offended. That said, I truly don't think there are any hard feelings, either way. I'm so glad to see you back and 17 days AF!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back and congrats on your sobriety and well-being!

Comment

Hey all

Angel25;398296 wrote: I don't think you ticked anybody off. I think a few were sceptical of your illness in that it was a scapegoat to quit drinking. That obviously wasn't the case. When people started questioning, it appeared to me that you got a little offended. That said, I truly don't think there are any hard feelings, either way. I'm so glad to see you back and 17 days AF!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back and congrats on your sobriety and well-being!
              Well I was actually talking about the libryum and how it has helped me. Those that questioned or doubted whether I was sick, or suggested I was getting "lulz" out of all of this are not included in my apology. I dont care about them anymore than a bug that I might step on. work in progress comes to mind, that person need not ever expect an apology from me for anything. Nor dolly.

Anyway, I found out what was wrong with me and now its just a matter of staying away from the beer which so far has been a piece of cake but I am sure that demon will raise its ugly head in the future.

There are alot of good people on this site that support eachother without judgement, those are the ones I care about, not the know it all basement dwellers.

Later

Comment

Hey all

Hi D&C,

Glad to see you've feeling so much better. I've been gone for the last 4 days, so looks like I missed the drama - but no problem, not much of a drama queen anyway. So, you've been AF for 17 days! That's amazing. You said some time ago that you were keeping some kind of diary or record on those difficult days when you were feeling so bad and trying to get off the AL. If you feel yourself starting to waffle, be sure to read them. Because after all you've gone through, you sure want to hang onto that sobriety. I can only imagine how good your dear wife must feel now that the man she married is back better than ever. Keep the good vibes coming - so happy you're doing so well.

Vera-b

Comment

Hey all

GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING GOOD KEEP IT UP AND KEEP BUSY.. stay strong and think positive
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hey all

I went crazy and caught up on every little bit of my yard work yesterday. I am so sore now. I have already put back on 6 pounds and am feeling great. I get the urge from time to time but I just drop by here and read some of the success stories and it reinforces my will. Day 19 is today. I dropped by the job and caught up with my partners today and they seem stoked to have me back on Monday. I had the Hospital I was in send my primary Doc all of my lab results so he should clear me on Thursday and my job says they can have me back on the schedule by Monday if I get cleared.

Vera, there was no drama, just some negativity from a couple of people. I know I am still a new guy here but this place just doesnt seem to be the place to be judgemental of others or to be doubtfull of a persons sincerity. Sarcasm and negativity just seem out of place here.

Comment

Hey all

You sound like you are doing GREAT!!! You are really getting your life back. It makes me happy to read that :l
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey all

Hi hun,
                        nope haven't ticked me off either. I didn't even know you were ill. I seem to somehow miss loads of posts and never really know what's going on *lol*
                        I'm glad you're feeling better!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X