New to site-Too much WINE/ went for treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there i am new to this site and really wanted to have access to others in the same trying to stay sober boat. I am a stay at home mom (one 9 year old son and two beautiful goldens) I checked myself into rehab on July 4th with the help of my husband. I had been drinking every day (2 bottles of chardoney a day for quite a few years.) I also started to pack on the pounds which was sooo frustrating!! (now i am eating sweets like its going out of style- I was told that was because my body is craving the sugar. I am not very happy about that. The one thing i am happy about is that I am almost 2 months sober. It can be hard as hell but so far so good. I do find that because I was never sober for any length of time. (started drinking in my teens- now am 35) It is really weird to face situations straight.
    It was alot easier to have a few drinks and relax. but my body refuses to stop once I start. so that is why I had to seek treatment. that and the fact that my blackouts were causing me to forget everything- even if my son had taken a shower or not. it was getting very humiliating especially when I would have conversations with people and have no clue that I did. I started looking and feeling like poop. and I was very irritable and sick the next day.Until about 2 in the afternoon then I was right back where I started and around and around I went. Totally NUTS!!!! well, Thanks for listening to me wine. I hope to continue sober with the help of you all. and I hope that I can be of some help too.
    God Bless-

Welcome and congratulations on 2 months sober!
    Glad you found us!

Comment

Welcome Wining,

Seems like you've started off with an excellent attitude and plenty of determination. Since this site has both abstainers and moderators, suggest (as OneTwo did) that you join the AF thread which will support your goals. Welcome, and the best to you.

Vera-b

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv: and awesome job being two months sober .. stay strong and think positive ..
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hello and :welcome:

The first thought that came to my mind when reading your post was "get that girl some L-glutamine!" This should help with the sugar cravings. I would also recommend you read "My Way Out" the supplement plan and other tools are what this program is all about.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:welcome:NMW
            :goodjob: on two months!

:lNancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Well done! Welcome!:hithere:
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

NoMoreWining,

:welcome: and very glad you are here.

This is a great place to be and very helpful when that darn brain starts to try to trick you back. Log on, chat, whatever to get through those times.

Very good on 2 months sober. That is awesome. I'll be there again.

I agree about reading the book. There are some really good tips in there for supplements. I think you are in my position, where moderation is not possible but the other pieces help a lot.

I very much look forward to getting to know you.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                X