Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qustion about wine

Qustion about wine

YUM - rib eye is my FAVE!! Lucky wife...

I think everyone is different. I've been able to have a glass of wine or ONE beer on occasion (after AF for many days).... but it Could be playing with fire.

It worries me a bit that you're thinking about having a glass of wine TWO weeks from now! Are you going to be thinking about it for 2 weeks...? It's like you'll be building it up in your mind.

Why even have a glass if you don't even really like it? You could always have grape juice (or something) in a wine glass if you want your wife to feel like you're joining her. Just a thought. But I think you can have a glass of wine, if you want.

Just make sure you don't have beer, too!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Qustion about wine

Comment

Qustion about wine

Gia;399443 wrote: Chateau neuf du papa..is very very good.
        It comes in a few different looking bottles, get the one that looks older and possibly dusty.

Comment

Qustion about wine

One should not Wine, it's not dignified ! Ha! IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Qustion about wine

Dazed,

Considering your wife is not a big drinker what about getting a bottle of AF bubbly to celebrate with. It's also romantic, if not more so and then you don't need to even think of AL.

BTW I think that it is such a lovely gesture on your part, plotting and planing a romantic dinner - your wife is one lucky woman!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Qustion about wine

Dazed, The idea for this special dinner is really a wonderful idea. Perhaps wine for your wife.....AF bubbly for you? The thing is alcohol is alcohol and it is so easy to start the whole craving cycle again! Do you really want to risk it?

Best Wishes,
              Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Qustion about wine

I totally agre with Kate. Why ruin your good streak here. 21 days is GREAT....enjoy your dinner and the fact that you will remember it all tomorrow and feel good!!!!!
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Qustion about wine

Dazed and confused
                  You must be very dazed and confused. Lots of people on here have problems with wine drinking. Do you think it is a good idea to be asking questions about wine on a site that is about AL problems. I dont.
                  BH (no more)

Comment

Qustion about wine

Comment

Qustion about wine

D&C , This site has AF'ers and Moderates. It's very proper to ask your questions !! The Moderators are the one's that will answer you ! Everyone else......what's up ? You know you can't drink !!! IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Qustion about wine

Think about it. Would you post something like that about drugs in the starting out section of a drug rehab programme. I think not. If it is "disgusting and not a problem" to you then why would you post it in starting out which is about giving and getting advice on the MWO program to those starting out.
                        BTW I am modding and I post about that in the mod section. Doh!
                        BH (no more)

Comment

Qustion about wine

Dear Dazed,

I think its a very nice thing to do for your wife, just be careful.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape is an amazing red wine, but it only comes from a very small region in France so be prepared to spend some $$. These days a good one will run you around $60 in the US. It should be served at room temperature, but for the best flavor, open the bottle 20 minutes before serving and let it sit on the counter to breath. The wine will "open up" and you should really taste the peppery-ness that Chateauneufs are known for.

Alternatively I would suggest a Pinot Noir, which can also be a full-bodied red wine with spicy undertones that pairs well with steak. You can find a good one for around $25. Other good choices are a Barbera, Sangiovese, or Shiraz.

Find a good wine shop and ask advice. Be up front about your lack of knowledge and tell them what you want to spend. If they truly are a good shop they should help you find something you'll enjoy without giving you attitude.

The one good thing about these wines are they are truly for sipping and savoring. My husband and can down a bottle of Chardonnay in 15 minutes, whereas a good bottle of red usually doesn't lead to a binge ... at least for us.

Have a wonderful dinner!

Comment

Qustion about wine

boozehag;399878 wrote: Dazed and confused
                            You must be very dazed and confused. Lots of people on here have problems with wine drinking. Do you think it is a good idea to be asking questions about wine on a site that is about AL problems. I dont.
                            BH (no more)
                            BH (nm), Kate, DB, Brit, I totally agree with you.

I find this really, really offensive. This discussion does not belong on "Just Starting Out." If those who are into "modding" want to talk about which wines they enjoy and recommend to each other, on the moderation-oriented threads, then fine and good. Please, not here.

wip

Comment

Qustion about wine

Sorry guys, you are totally right ... this belongs under a different discussion category.

My sincere apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X