Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAVE A REAL DILEMMA

SC, you already have good advice here.

It just reminds me of dealing with my sister, who is mentally ill. I have my own problems, that's why I am here. I can't also take on hers. I spend so much time playing the tape, "If only i could get her to ____. But there is nothing I can put in that blank.

Take care of yourself, and you will do well.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

HAVE A REAL DILEMMA

hi sea, its been a while,sometimes i forget the ones i met 1st,dont puty ourself down,i was in the same boat a few weeks ago,and somone here helped me out,so hopefully ,you i can do the same for,we never have failure,we only have a reason to work at things harder,your here and talking,tht is an accomplihment in its self,and by the way AA,my dear is not for all,i think it says that,in theres a solution,or how it works,when i was in the hospital it was one of the only books at tht time i concentrted on,you have to find out what works rt for you,if your around a lot of people that drink my dear,chances are youll drink,same as drugs,youll do drugs,i found somthin tht helped me was,when you drink to much its kinda like goin under anestesia,basically if you have to much,it will kill you,or make you feel like crap,i wish you the best gyco by the way your not insane

Comment

HAVE A REAL DILEMMA

Hi Sea, I'm glad that you were able to take care of yourself first. And I'm glad that your back to stringing AF days together. I know this isn't the topamax thread, but I'm just going to give it a brief thumbs up. I've been taking in for almost two months, and while I am not AF, I am definitely NOT the drinker that I was. I was really afraid to try it, but am so glad that I did. I know that people react differently to it, so it's a game of hit or miss, but it can't be worse than what we are doing to ourselves with alcohol. I ordered it from River Pharmacy, but then finally worked up the nerve to go to my GP. Either way at this point, I'd take it. If I had to order it overseas again, I would. It helps. Logging on here helps. I've never been to an AA meeting, so I can't really compare, but I can say when we share our struggles it helps. I wish you strength in your battle. Stay strong for yourself. Do what's right for you. I'm glad your here. Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X