Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT- Thursday

Morning everyone!
    Just wanted to post a quick one as I know I wont be around much today. Have to go to my Granddads funeral so not looking forward to that and hoping the craving wont overcome me once its over and we are driving home.
    So far so good though. I started reading Allen Carrs book on how to control drinking and it is so good! Anyone else read it?
    Have a good day each and every one of you and don't give up!
    Take care
    Evie
    Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
    For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
    "

ODAT- Thursday

I'm sorry about your grandad Evie. Hopefully you can check in with us later and let us know how it went? I hate funerals. But then I don't suppose anyone actually likes them.

I'm having a quick check in too. Picked up my pig from the butchers yesterday and they had just made her into sausages!!! JUST sausages. No chops or ribs or joints. Had to pack up 5 big boxes of linked sausages into bags for the freezer. Really not sure why they did that as it's not what we asked for. We love sausages but we have about 3 year's worth now and we're not meant to be selling or giving them away even as she was on drugs prior to being slaughtered. I ate 5 of them yesterday !!!! but I feel fine today!
    After packing and eating so many I feel a strange urge for fish or vegetables or Quorn!!

Have a good day.

Bessie xxx

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Morning Thursdayers! Still feeling good and positive even though im considering building an ark due to the never ending rain here in Wales!!
      Sorry to hear about the funeral Evie. Had my Grans funeral not so long ago, and what helped me through is the thought of how proud she will be up there seeing that im not drinking.
      Everyone have a good day!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi everyone

Condolences Evie, know from personal experience how difficult funerals are, be strong, we are all there for you. Welcome Cymru. Big hello to everyone else. Day 4 for me, finding it difficult to include the cd's but find the whole routine of supplements, cd's, expercise, checking in, keeps me focussed. Hope to do the 30 days in September and take it from there.

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

hi evie,my condolences to you and your family,i also dont like funerals,i find at these times remember the good times and it will pull you through anything gyco

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi everybody.

Sorry about your g-dad evie, funerals have always been awkward for me.
            Bessie the sausage queen, whassa Quorn?
            Cmryu, rust, one2, & gyco - you all sound really good!

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday. An appropriate card simply does not exist. Well I'm sure there IS one of a sarcastic nature, but I shalll take the high road and get a little cake from the grocery and some balloons. Like I do for any other staff member :H I cancelled the gift on order a long time ago. Gearing up for next week with the 2 pair of BGP Bessie & Cindi special ordered for me.

Have a great day!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Good Morning All
              My condolescenses Evie. Funerals were always a big drinking occasion in my family. These days, I tend to pay my respects and leave.
              Well today is my 3rd day AF. Again. Not much else is new. I am still looking for a new job. I am still facing foreclosure on my condo. I am trying to find the cheapest place to buy the Kudzu, L-Glut, GABA, and 5htp. I do not trust the online sites, as I have been ripped off before. I would appreciate any input. I know that I should post this on the Holistic Healing thread. Sorry. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here, after close to three months of constant rain. I guess we sent our rain across the pond. Sorry. I hope everyone has a Great day. It is good to be back.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Good Day everyone! Happy Thursday.
                Sorry about your grand dad evie. I am always uncomfortable at funerals but I just try to think of good times I had with the deceased and it makes things a little easier.
                Seacailin: Best place to get the supps is right here on MWO.
                I'm busy preparing for my daughter's wedding next weekend. Things are coming together now. Poor girl had to fire 2 bridesmaids!!! They really weren't her friends in the first place and always made her feel left out etc. She did ask a friend from high school and she accepted so things will be better now.
                I'm getting through it AF, thank God!
                Love and Peace
                When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Weddings and funerals ----- does seem to be a lot of those in our lives right now as well!
                  Just checking in to see how everyone is and say hi. I'm starting Day 4 today and anticipating my first weekend AF in many, many, many years! Will be great if I get through this!

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

LOL at Greeny and One2Many!! I AM the sausage queen - now it is official! Anyone wanna buy a pack of sausages! Lovely sausages! Get your sausages here!

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hello all,
                      Just checking in quick. My sympathies as well, Evie. I hope in your case it's an uplifting funeral if that makes sense??

Bessie--I would be pissed! Did you pay them? I know you can't exactly go back and make them do it right, but there ought to be some responsibilty on their part!! Who in their right mind would order an entire hog be made into sausage. I wish I was closer--I would buys some!

Greeneyes--think about you often! I'm so glad you got sober to get through all of this.

Sea--I also suggest getting the supps here. I've gotten some from amazon.com, but the price is so similar here and they come really quick. It's easier.

Hello to all the new and familiar faces here!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Cross posted with you LVT. No, we didn't pay. Abbatoir/butchery owner is a really helpful guy and bends over backwards for us small holders. He was pretty mortified and isn't charging us. We have 4 more coming up for next year - will do a very detailed cutting list for them. And I am pretty certain our remaining sow is pregnant. Yay! (the one that went in was too as it turned out, very sadly, but she could never have gone full term because of her arthritis and apparantly they were very small so I don't think they were developing properly as the boar went away over two month's ago)

For those of you who have come onto this site under the impression that it deals with alcohol problems - it does.....sometimes!! :H

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Evie, sorry to hear about your loss. Sending you prayers and hugs

Bessie, I'll send you a street vendors cart so you can peddle those sausages...LOL!!
                          :l
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi everyone!
                            I can't say how touched I was when I came home tonight and read all your messages. Thank you..
                            It was a very emotional service but a lovely celebration of his life. It was pouring with rain all the time, but just when his coffin was lowered into the ground the sun came out and there was this magnificant rainbow! It was good too to see family who I don't get to see very often.
                            Anyway thats my day and all without any al athough the cravings were quite intense at times- so day 4 done thankfully!
                            Sorry to hear about all those sausages Bessie!:H Not sure if sausage queen is a complement or not!
                            How lovely Greenhouse to be preparing for your daughters wedding(though I know it does get stressful!)
                            Eviex
                            Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                            Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
                            For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
                            "

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

'evening Thursday ODATs,

Everyone is so busy with big stuff - weddings, funerals (Evie, I hope your Granddad's funeral was a chance to celebrate his life - imagine he was a very special person to many both within and outside the family), jobs, sausages. Whew, and all without the daily elixir. Sea, I'm sending some good vibes your way. Bessie, I wonder if the butcher's helper was sipping something while turning the sausage wheel ???? Me, I had a rather ordinary day. Worked, grocery, transfer station (that's the New England trash/recycle center) and giving the daughter who drowned her cell phone in gatorade in her purse - it's a bit of a story - a sympathetic ear. On to Friday!

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                              X