Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm in!

Dear My-Way-Out members,

I am new here, finally I logged in after looking at this site several times. Today, I read flower 28's posting about the wine-drinking and all the friendly replies, and I decided to join. I am a very happy person in general, but my wine habits make me unhappy. It's never 1 or 2 glasses, especially in connection with communication the bottle is always empty. sometimes even a second is opened and the next morning I hate myself because I feel bad, innerly, and bodily.

I had a five weeks total abstinence in June/July, done with a slight, one-week-meeting support of a therapist. Before those five weeks, it was even worse, I had put myself into stupid situations under the influence of too much alcohol.

Now I need to find a way out there. I know it's all up to ourselves, we determine, we do or we leave it. But I hope I can find some people who understand and support, and whom I can support too.

I'm curious, and I look forward!

German Greetings to everyone who reads this!:thanks:
    sigpic

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome!!!

You are in the right place everyone here understands and will be a great support and encouragement throughout all that you go through.

You've made a huge first step - well done.

Bx

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome I'm gonna call you Swert, but not if it means something bad in German I'm German two 3/4s. I'm starting AF day 1 again myself after drinking way too much. So stick around, we are a very supportive group and this will work if you let it. :welcome:

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome Schwert --- The bottle + per night was me too ... for many years! Time to put a stop to it. Well done on having gone 5 weeks.... so you know you have it in you. I'm aiming to go 30 days this month. Have never gotten past 5 days, and I'm on day 4 now.
        Keep posting and you'll find the support you need here.:welcome:

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

HELLO and WELCOME!!!
          The people here are wonderful!!! You will receive lots of support, and great advice. I did the MWO program half ass, the same way I have done AA. I was Alcohol free for about 40 days. I am now going to follow both programs, as they are laid out, and hopefully WIN this battle. I wish u well as you begin your journey. It is very difficult, but so worth it.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

:welcome:

wow, Germany, this site and the Internet never ceases to amaze me!!

You've come to a great place. The MWO program has done wonders for me, and I have made some new friends here. I would recommend you read "My Way Out" if you haven't, and go from there!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome,

You will find with many of us here wine is/was our drink of choice.... you are'nt alone!

I strongly suggest reading the book and like Seacalin mentioned, don't do the MWO program half assed like I also did... it does work with your commitment and our support!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome! Glad you are here!

Guy
                Day 38!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

WOW, so many people, this is amazing! Bit abstract, but awesome! Thank you so much for the kind words. I know I will be fine here, and I can come back when it gets difficult; which is every few days. Always when I feel really good, come home, even from the gym, then it is as if I have to destroy the good. Self-destruction-mode. I'm so sick of it. As if thinking is switched off! I want it to stay switched on.
                  Probably you all know what I mean?

My best wishes, will be back soon
                  "swert" - which doesn't mean anything bad in German, dear "hart"!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Dear Leprechaun,

would love to check out the Army, I will find the thread. maybe I even figure aout how to put up a picture....hmmmmm.

many greetings to dublin, i was there in spring in clontarf it was beauuuutiful!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

ahh, very good. thank you wally! i can live with swert i guess......originally, in German Schwertlilie is a flower, comes in different colours. how did you put up all your pictures? profile-picture-upload doesn't want my pic. hmmmm....
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Hi Schwertlilie,
                        willkommen zum Forum. I hope that you will find the support and help that you are looking for. There are a lot of wonderful people on this forum. I wish you well on your journey.
                        P.S. I grow some Schwertlilien in my garden.
                        Lori
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Hey Swert,
                          Just a quick welcome. I know exactly what you mean about wrecking the good feelings. It is always after I have had a good rest, and a good workout at the gym or in the pool that I most want that bottle of wine, knowing I will feel like crap the next day. Why why why?!?!?!?
                          Stick with us!!! Look forward to hearing from you alot!
                          xo Peanut

Comment

Hello, I'm in!

Welcome Swert!

Another flower! Pretty soon we'll be a whole field in bloom. As many on here have suggested, it's probably best to get RJ's book and read it. She used a multi-prong approach rather than a miracle pill. It is a common sense plan which helps us be healthier and happier, and yes, free of the control AL had on our lives. I mod with an occasional glass of wine but go straight to AF if urges start. I'm just not going to go back to that place where I think about booze. It's just not worth it. Best to you - I know you'll totally bloom . . .

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                            X