this is me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is me!

hi everyone, just stumbled across you all today. i iam a 30 yr old that has been clean of heroin for 5 yrs. I was an injecting heroin and meth addict for 5 yrs. When i finally gave up that shit the drink started creeping in (althogh i have always drunk ever since i was a little girl). The drink (wine) has really got me, and although i "moderate" myself by only drinking 1.5 - 2 bottles a night i'm now really struggling in day to day life. I gave up booze and was completly sober for a yr but got weak about 18 months ago. That year was the only time in my entire life that i've not been an "addict". Apart from that ive been pissed or out of my face for my entire life. I just don't know if i can ever be a "non - addict". When I was on the smack I thought I'd die on it - but I managed to get it out of my life ( a million tradgedies later). But the booze... it's everywhere,in your face everyday. Is there anyone out there who has gone from a severe drug - drink addiction that can give me hope? Can I ever have babies or lead a normal life?

this is me!

First off, welcome to the site. You will find great support here.

I was a pot head for a few years (I know, I know, nothing compared to herione) and when I stopped smoking pot, my drinking crept up. I guess when we don't fix the problem, we are just trading on addiction for another.

Read the book, try some of the supplements or medication (everyone does it their own way). Whatever think will work for you, maybe conquering this addiction will shine some light on your past addictions.

Good Luck to you, read lots, post lots and find hope here.

Comment

this is me!

Hello stella. I am also new to this site, and all i can say is thats its just as addictive as wine, but in a good way! White wine has always been my vice, and like u i managed to stop for a while, but over the last two years ive watched and let it slowly rip my life apart. I am a binge drinker and can go on 2, 3 or 4 day benders where noone else maters but my bottle of wine. Or bottles. Theres so many helpfull people here who will welcome you with open arms. Read some of the posts. I did that for a long while before exposing myself(!!) and found that really helped. All the best to you
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
      X