New timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New timer

first time on.:new: Was doing good and messed up last night. Need some support

New timer

Welcome! There is plenty of support to be had here. Have you had a look at the book? I think you can download it. Loads of good advice and inspiration all over these boards.
    Best wishes
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New timer

Welcome, HW! Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself?

wip

Comment

New timer

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv: you dd a great job once you can do it again .. stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New timer

Hi HW and :welcome:
          Dont worry about the previous night. What's done is done. Today is the first day of the rest of your life... and what a GOOD life its going to be
          Join our September AF Army... we're recruiting! I slipped yesterday, but was hauled right back in!
          Take Care,
          Love
          Chelle
          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

New timer

I am still figuring out this site so I posted a few threads that sound almost the same. I am a white wine drinker, Pino Grigio is my fav. I seem to have gotten up to driking s few bottles a week and want to cut back. I have read the book, got the starter kit and my Dr. was very willing to give me Topomax so I have started on that. I have not been able to make it past 5 days wine free/AF but today is a new day.
            Thanks for the support.

Comment

New timer

Hi Starting over,
              Thanks for the welcome. I am excited to be here and looking forward to making it 30 days AF.
              HW

Comment

New timer

What happens after five days? I mean, what exact factors involve you reaching up for the bottle and grabbing a glass out of the cupboard?

Is it internal anxiety, or need, or a reflection of good feeling, or simply a habit, or that you are doing some habitual thing like cooking dinner with the TV on?

Comment

New timer

Hi Boss man,
                  I think it is a combination...habit of coming home and pouring a glass of wine, changing clothes and starting dinner. Yesterday was just because it was the end of the week and my husband wanted to go out for dinner, I had not eaten all day so the first glass went down real qucik and then the feel good is there so the rest is history. Thanks for any input.
                  HW

Comment

New timer

Ah, then that's a habit to change. I find we eat a lot of Thai food now. We like Thai food, but it's mostly because wine doesn't go at all with Thai food, and Thai restaurants have terrible wine choices anyway. So it makes it easy for us to "go cheap' and just have our meal with water or tea.

Friday night is a problem of itself. It takes a bit of planning to avoid the "habit" times, the rituals we've developed over the years to "celebrate" the end of the work week. For myself, I'm finding the key is to make new rituals.

Comment

New timer

Welcome HelpWanted,

Boss has given you some great advice. Habits, at least the bad ones, are meant to be broken. Try taking a nice long walk and go over in your mind when you drink the most. Is it a weekend thing? Is it at the end of a long day (boy, we all want to reward ourselves!)? Is is a social thing? All of the above? When you can get a handle on your personal drinking habits, then you can begin to come up with a plan to change them. And a good, swift walk will send enough good feelings to your brain you'll feel you can do anything! Personally, I like my end-of-day reward. So I'll pour a diet tonic with lime or seltzer and lemon in a wine glass and sip away. Boss gave out a quick recipe earlier that included AF red wine (which by itself tastes a little sketchy) with fruit juice (I like diet cranberry/grape) and an orange rind (heck, I put in a whole slice) over ice in a large wine goblet. It's really quite good. Even hubby was impressed. I sip it like any good drink and feel rewarded.

The hypno cd's have also worked well for me. They're good for re-ordering your thoughts. I've used them for "tune-ups" frequently. Each day is a challenge, but the days turn to weeks and the next thing you know you're feeling pretty darn good about yourself. And you should - we all should.

Vera-b

Comment

New timer

HI HELPED YOU PIKED A GOOD SITE WERE HERE 4 YOU GYCO,DANG large letters,doesnt set a good xample hahha gycolatr hav a great day

Comment

Working...
                        X