Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite there

Not quite there, and needing a kick in the butt......verbally

I started my journey 8-8-8 and did pretty well in the beginning. ALOT of ups and downs. I am so much better than I was before thats for sure, but I wish I could get it together and just be totally AF. I have to agree with the warnings given about trying to be mod. Great for some....lucky them. Probably not gonna work for me.

I keep reading the success stories and wish I was among them.

I will just have to keep at it.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Not quite there

One 2 many is right AK, there is safety in numbers. Join the AF Army to help give you strength. It works hon
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Not quite there

AK,
      I am so sorry to hear you are struggling. You were my partner on my first AF weekend!!! Don't let yourself stop trying-do join us in the AF Army. We are a good bunch. I think once you start stringing Af days under your belt, you will find that AF is easier (in many ways) than modding. Maybe the Mods would disagree with me but I find that to be true for the majority of us. It is just too hard for most of us to stop thinking about alcohol, especially in the beginning. We are here for you if you want to step up to the challenge; take this ODAT. Love you, K
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Not quite there

Hey AKGirl!

You ARE there. You are here, talking about it.

You've seen the range of posters, and LOL you are only in the middle. Imagine that.

And you and I know the way forward.

Hey, they way forward is not like driving down the freeway (as if you have freeways in AK).

The way forward is sometimes one step forward and two steps back. It's the high brain looking over the realm, and saying, this is what we want. That you mid-brain calls out needs is just a side issue.

We gotta get back to the core. The the list of what AL does to us. We slip and slip and slip. But that's not where we should be.

Let's resolve that's not where we WILL be.

Comment

Not quite there

Thanks everyone :l

I needed that.

Comment

Not quite there

ak - I'm not a first time winner either - not by a long shot. Here at MWO, I did a few days, then 9 days, then 10 days, then 29 days (don't ask!)....... it took a while.

I agree with everyone - just jump back on and GO FOR IT.

You can most definitely do it! And good for you for "putting it out there".

Way to fight back!!! :goodjob:

Love ww xox

Comment

Not quite there

Thank you WW,

I appreciate your support but have to admit I was a little distracted by your avatar....caught myself staring LOL

seriously, thanks

Comment

Not quite there

KEEP TRYING! KEEP TRYING! KEEP TRYING!
                Dont forget that every day is a new day! Keep the Faith!

Guy
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Not quite there

Hey AK girl! I'm no where near there yet but I recognize my problem ....and that's a big step and I just keep on trying. I've had more AF days after being here than I ever have!!!
                  Don't stop believing!
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Not quite there

Hello Miss Alaska,

I've just elevated you to beauty queen status, and the rules of the pageant mean no drinkin' for awhile. And if you don't stay with us through high post and low, you will have to post your swimsuit photo on the site. Now as to the talent competition . . . Just hang in there. We'll be your cheerleaders.

Vera-b

Comment

Not quite there

What happened...

to Laurie Partridge? WW do tell.

Comment

Not quite there

vera-b;405610 wrote: Hello Miss Alaska,

I've just elevated you to beauty queen status, and the rules of the pageant mean no drinkin' for awhile. And if you don't stay with us through high post and low, you will have to post your swimsuit photo on the site. Now as to the talent competition . . . Just hang in there. We'll be your cheerleaders.

Vera-b
                        Too funny... thanks vera, you too wally :l

Comment

Not quite there

Sobriety is possible...If I can do it,I know you can..There is great power in numbers of people with the same goal..Stay close and we can help..
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X