ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Day everyone! Just back from a round of golf on this beautiful sunny day (one of very few this summer) .... a perfect day weatherwise (my game, not so much ... LOL!). However, afterwards my GF invited me to lunch on the clubhouse patio, where it seemed everyone was enjoying a beer. Normally I would have had a glass of wine, and she would have too, but since I was the guest and ordered a cranberry juice & soda, she had a AF beverage too. What a nice feeling I had that I passed on the AL! And instead of feeling sleepy and ready for a nap, I feel refreshed. Making a pledge to you all ... "I will not drink tonight". There, I've said it, now I have to stick by it. Wishing you all a nice AF evening as well.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hello Wednesday ODATs,

Had a very long day today - just finished with quarterly estimated taxes (ughhhh) - but no booze, and no real interest. I'm sleepy so am heading off to bed. It sure sounds like everyone is really doing well. Greenie, your statement of feelings "to the bone marrow" really caught me. I am reminded once again of the stress and pain in just everyday life. It's really no great surprise that we start liking that exlixir that numbs it all, however briefly. To face it all with your sobriety is just plain wonderful. And to everyone else, I hope you all find at least a small space sometime in the remainder of this week that is joyful and heartwarming. You all deserve it so.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
      X