newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newcomer

hello everyone. im amanda and im 33 and am a little worried about my drinking. i dont drink everyday or during the day but just lately iv started getting overwelming urges late afternoon that do go away when i drink or they pass after a few hours if i dont drink. i also am very anxious at the moment and my panic attacks have come back and having a drink stops them but i dont want to self medicate on alcohol so im wanting to cut down to within the safe limit suggested by doctors or even stop for a while. wish me luck

newcomer

Good luck amanda. Only you know whats write for you. Moderation or abstinence is your choice. Read through some posts and come back to say hello.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

newcomer

Hi amanda,
      My Way Out is a great program. Give the book a read, keep reading and posting around here. it really works for a lot of people!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

newcomer

Welcome Amanda,

Ditto on the age - yay!!! I too used to get a nasty craving from anytime after 3pm in the afternoon BUT I would give in to it EVERY SINGLE DAY.... I can honestly count on one hand the number of AF days I had before I started the MWO program and they were all because I had had such a bender the night before my body physically could not take another drink.

To mod or to go AF is a never ending question I have tormented myself with through out my journey to sobriety and for now I will remain AF.

Keep reading and learning. Get a game plan together and stick to it.

Wishing you all the best!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

newcomer

Welcome! Good luck on your journey. You will meet a lot of wonderful people along the way!

Comment

newcomer

Hi Amanda and Welcome
            You have come to a great place with wonderful, supportive people. I agree that reading the MWO book would be a good first step. Only you know if you can moderate or if it better for you to be AF. I wish you well as you begin your journey. We are here for you.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
            X