Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive Thirst?

:new:

I am on day 3 of my supplements and cannot seem to quench my thirst. Today I drank 4 L of water and I'm still thirsty! I am wondering if something in the supplements could be causing this to happen?

I have not been able to abstain completely yet but my cravings have definitely decreased. I don't want to stop the supplements (because of this success) but I am concerned.

Has anyone had this experience?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Excessive Thirst?

I had that in the beginning too, I think it may be from the B vitamins in the All one powder or the B-50. Just keep drinking the water and stick with it. It will get better and congrats on the decrease in cravings.
    HW

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Thank you so much HW! I am thinking of continuing with the supplements but I am a bit scared as this thirst will not subside! I'll give it another few days.. maybe my liver is shot from all those years of drinking? I don't know...I am hopeful but just don't know.

I'm relieved to know that you had this at first and it went away.

Thank you!

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Moderateinmi, first off a big welcome!

how long have you been abnormally thirsty? that is a common sign of diabetes...I'd suggest calling your doc and getting a quick blood test just for safety's sake.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Hi there,

I have to agree with Det. It may be nothing to worry about, but a simple blood test would rule out diabetes. Would be a really good idea to check this out!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

I read about that. For those who's bodies process alcohol to sucrose, withdrawal will mimic diabetes since you are depriving your body of sucrose. I read that oddly, some people go hyperglycemic and their bodies overproduce in reaction. In both cases, symptoms should subside within 5 days of the last alcohol.

Which is about 25 days before I could possibly every get an appointment to see my doctor.

Good luck Moderate!

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Hi Moderate

Yeah the first five days AF I seemed to drink all day. Although before that I would have been drinking AL all day. Just go with it, buy all sorts of nice juices as a treat. Hot lemon water is really nice (believe it or not). This subsided after five days. If you continue being really thirsty go see your doc.
              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Thank you all so much! Yes, after about 4-5 days the thirst went away! Thanks!

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

I'm really glad it wasn't anything serious!! Thanks for the update.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Good job! How are you doing?
                    Help

Comment

Excessive Thirst?

Wally22;407799 wrote: Hi Moderate
                      I also drank a lot of water in the beginning. I thought it was a good thing, sort of flushing out all the toxins and really ran with it. It didn't occur to me to worry.
                      Now I am back to having to think about drinking water.
                      Good luck, and welcome.
                      This was exactly my experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X