Anyone on Day1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on Day1

PW - Maybe 3 will be a lucky number for both of us. How far are you iinto your 30 days? What are your plans for after?

Sunshine_66 - Thanks for writing. I hope the hand shaking gets better for you quickly. Now that you mention it I have a little of that too, I hope that's all you get.

Comment

Anyone on Day1

Hi everyone,

Day 2 here
      Peace

Comment

Anyone on Day1

walt, I first posted on the site on 10/5 so just a month ago. I cut way back on my drinking for the first couple weeks. I went AF on 10/19 so today is day 16 for me. I plan to do 30 days AF (God willing) then I will reassess where I am at. Eventually I want to try moderation. I hear from others here that it is quite challenging.

What are your plans?

Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Anyone on Day1

HI Peace, good luck - you'll probably be glad you cut back before your stop date; we were talking about withdrawl symptoms earlier - hopefully you'll have none. "Little Miss Smarty Pants Cold Turkey" here - maybe I should change my name - is having somewhat of a different experience!

Well Periwinkle... I really don't know. I too would like to be able to drink again at some point - it's really sad for me to imagine the rest of my life without it. Sad eh? It's such a fun and social thing. But when I add up the times that I would put on the list as 'occasions'... they add up. Like Birthdays and Anniversarys, holiday gatherings, graduations and weddings, of course vacations... and my list seems to go on and on. For a busy life and a broad circle of acquaintances I'm sure I could find someone with a birthday if I really wanted to. Know what I mean? I guess I'll really have to see. It does seem very important to me though that I get through these 30 days, I'll start there. Walt

PS - have to go for a while, my daughter just called from school and "needs"
          something!

Comment

Anyone on Day1

HI WALT and everyone else. Only just got in from work so sorry not been on on line before now! Well I had a great fri and saturday of moderate drinking and then last night it hit me hard that i would be going 30 days from to-day so guess what?????? yes you got it.... i lashed into the vino and had a hangover from hell to-day!! Do not know how I got through, I deserve an oscar. I was dying inside and smiling outside!! I am in the UK so dont forget I will always probably be behind you all due to the time difference. Anyway its day one and I feel like I never want to drink again. Someone on this thread said wine is evil and you know what it blinking is. I feel poisioned inside !! So thats it,!!!!!! i too havent got the cd.s or the supps but i am determined to keep going just with the support on here. Wish i could understand why we sabotage ourselves so much!!!! I have also orderd my own naotebook from amazon which has been dispatched to-day so I will be able to stay online longer instead of fighting for the p.c! Stay Strong my firend we have to kill the demons!!! keep me posted on progress

KW
            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Anyone on Day1

I am on day one. Just took topamax and hope it works without too many side effects! I amMomof two and am tired of having o drink nightly to relax.Has taken over life! Determined to change!!! Have not decided about cds. Expensive but most likely will try.

Comment

Anyone on Day1

Hi Moustache,

I am on day one, for like the fucking 100th time!

Welcome!

Comment

Anyone on Day1

I am back on Day one for the hundredth f--kin' time too. Football Sundays have been my weakness. I am tweaking my plan a bit to win over those days, but drinking one day every other week is a hell of a lot better than I used to be. Just have to cut out those two days a month and I'll be fine. I only am home every other Sunday as I work every other weekend. Hang in there guys. It can be done.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Anyone on Day1

new to this

Hi everyone.I am on day two. I have just found this site. Im broken bruised and scared.I was drinking everynihgt.Thought it was just to relax. I need help. I really cant afford all of the books and CDs right now. But i will do whatever i have to to stay sober.I have two children and I want to be a great role model.Thanks fro listening

Comment

Anyone on Day1

Hi MM,

I am on day one yet again ... I manage about 2 or 3 days a week staying sober and not necessarily in a row. Although I would like to cut down further my present condition beats daily drinking which I was doing for the last 8 years. I find that with every sober day that passes I get better at staying sober. My only concern is I dont sleep too well but I am sure in time things will get better.

I have ordered the CD's and they should be here soon. I will let you know if they worked for me. Howebver I can say for sure that it helped a lot of people here.

So here I am enjoying my first sober day this week.

Respect,

Ashanka

Comment

Anyone on Day1

Yep, again. Day one. Well tomorrow.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Anyone on Day1

My first day

:new:This is my first day and so far so good. I have already made a couple of friends, I think this is just what I needed.
                          Smookie

Comment

Working...
                          X