EX Fiance contacts me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EX Fiance contacts me

Thanks O2. I just don't feel ready to hop back into a relationship with him. That would be just another thing to "work" on. I have enough on my plate.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

EX Fiance contacts me

Hi Sea

It sounds like you are at a really vulnerable point right now and need to focus on that. I would try to give him something firmer, like say it's not about him but you don't want to get involved right now and that you will get in touch with him when and if you are ever ready.

He is only a few years sober and you have a bad history with him. Sounds like a mistake to me to get involved again and you are lonely too so you may be tempted.

When you are ready find someone healthy, someone you can look up to and who will help you be healthy, not someone you have a load of baggage with and could be unstable himself.

Nancy

PS Also be flattered that he wants you back of course!

Comment

EX Fiance contacts me

Hi Sea,

I think your not being ready is an honest answer. Your sobriety and all that it means - possible new job, squaring with the financial issues, facing life, etc. will all take your energy and you are priority no. 1 right now. That doesn't mean there isn't room for a relationship, in fact that may help. But you will know when you're ready. It will have to be on your terms. So, I think your response is just right. My very best to you. And GO PATS!!!!!

Vera-b

Comment

EX Fiance contacts me

Learn to TRUST your first feeling,thats you higher self talking to you.You said that you had reservations about getting involved with him...You felt that way for GOOD reason..Now you are letting your self talk yourself out of what you know is best for you in the long run.Think what life will be like in 3yrs. from now if you are with this guy.Does it feel GOOD??? The right person can not come into your life if you are tied up with the wrong one...MAKE SENSE???
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
          X