HELP l so much want to drink

am finding it so hard,,, my meds are making me so sick
    and my mind keeps telling me to drink
    for the last to weeks this has been happening,,,now am not sleeping
    l keep praying l will get over this
    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Sigh,

Kaddy. Do you want to quit? Do you want to be sober?

Otherwise, all else is naught.

You must want to be sober.

Love you, Kaddy,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders is right. You have to want to quit. Being here is a great and there is lots of support here if you want it. Are you drinking at the mo Kaddy? All the best and stay strong.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Think The Drink Through, Kaddy. Where will it take you? Do you have any L-Glut. I threw some under my tongue for the first time last night. It seemed to work. I did not drink. I wish you well. Stick around here.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I know how TOUGH it is to say no to those urges but it is so much easier to say no now than to go on a binge and have to start the fight all over again.Antabuse would be helpful right now..it takes your choose away until you can come back to your senses..
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

thakns for your post,,, no am not drinking
            not had 1 for 27 weeks

l have to watch what meds l take with the cancer

Comment

Kaddy stay strong. Life can throw us some real curve balls, but the balls keep coming sober or drunk
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

why have a drink? then another, and another ..... bad breath tomorrow, a fractured skull and sleeping all day? reconsider the choices...go get a pizza and a milkshake. :H

Comment

Hi Kaddy: Keep going. Wow....27 weeks! Good for you. The drink will take you down. You might think you can stop at the first one, but one will lead to another, then another. Relapsing might break your spirit and make you doubt yourself. You will feel so much guilt. You will also find that picking up a drink is not worth it... It's not going to get you anywhere. It's not fun. The hangover afterwards and the self loathing is not worth it. Keep on posting. Keep yourself busy.
                  September 23, 2011

Comment

Kaddy, I am so impressed at 27 weeks! I am concerned, however, at what might be upsetting you so much, at such a wonderful length of sobriety, to want to drink. Can you share with us what is going on? Stay in touch.

Comment

morning all,,, thanks for the post,,, l think l was just feeling sorry for myself
                      for the last 2 weeks l have been in a lot of pain and sick and it just got to me..
                      kast night l done a dinner party,,, and everyone was drinking,, and it made me feel better,, seeing
                      them get drunk and ill,,, and we all went out,,, so it helped me to stop feeling cut off

Comment

Kaddy,
                        I don't blame you for feeling sorry for yourself at times, you're human! Congrats on the 27 weeks and I hope your cancer recovery goes well for you. I can't imagine being in your shoes. Your thoughts are with me :-)
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I can't believe you actually go to a party and stay AF. You have iron character! Keep it up. It's more than I could/would do.

Comment

Good for you Kaddy,

You are remarkable. 27 weeks is over half an entire year!!! And you didn't let yourself down, even when faced with some real challenges. I'm curious - what was going through your mind at that dinner? Were you tempted at all?

Vera-b

Comment

WOW Kaddy you are a very strong person you have had to cope with a lot well done 27weeks and for not drinking. i love the bit in your post when you said everyone was drinking and it made you feel better seeing them get drunk and ill, Im glad it help you, That is one big reminder not to go down that road. well done again to you.

Take Care.:l

Love
                              Teardrop.x
                              family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                              X