Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One

Hey everyone,
    I'm brand new and on day one...trying to quit a two bottle of wine a day habit. I have everything I need except Topamax...I ordered it but I'm riding the fence. We'll see how I do without it.
    I'm wondering if the Kudzu makes you a little nervous, has anyone had that experience? Maybe it's just me nervous about success but....
    :new:
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying... "I will try again tomorrow."

Day One

Welcome! Keep posting and jump on some threads for extra support :wings:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Day One

Welcome,I have not found Kudzu to make me nervous but the idea of not drinking sure did..Being Sober is so worth whatever you have to do to get it..Stay close,we can beat the beast,together..
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Day One

Thanks

It's nice to know there are people out there listening. I'll keep y'all posted.
        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying... "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Day One

Welcome Ontheroad!!

Sounds like you have a good plan - good on you. Yip another wine drinker here. I have found the Kudzu to be instrumental in me retaining my sobriety.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Day One

Hello and Welcome OTR
            I do not take Kudzu, so can't tell you about that. I have been thinking about trying that and the Topa. I am a bit nervous about taking the Topa without a doctor's supervision. It sounds like you are off to a good start. I look forward to reading your future posts. Best wishes.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day One

Welcome Ontheroad,
              We are a great community here; I hope you find this program helpful. Come over and post on the AF Army thread-great people who have fun while being serious in their quest to beat Alcohol. I look forward to your future posts. Kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One

Hey!!! WELCOME. When you stop drinking you can feel nevous for a while. I did anyway. It did go away, it's just a side effect. Good luck with everything. Stay strong. We're all here for you!!!!!!! Keep posting hun! This place is amazing, everyone here is sooo supportive and fantastic. GOOD LUCK *BIG HUG*

Comment

Day One

Welcome OTR ---- I take the Kudzu and L-Glut, haven't felt any nervousness, but like evielou said, I was "excited" the first few days with the anticipation that I'd found what was something that could really work for me .... MWO.

Comment

Day One

Welcome OTR. I don't feel Kudzu has an effect, but I take it. I sometimes get a sour stomach on the pills, but I'm not sure which one does it. I take 5-htp and that's known to have some nausea effects.

Please stay strong on Day 1, and be aware that sleep for the first few days is miserable. It gets better. Everyone here is going to help and give advice 24x7 so come back often.

Comment

Day One

Welcome Roadie,

I was already on Campral when I came here, so didn't do the topa, and my Dr. was leery of supps with the medication (she wasn't familiar with many of them, so don't know if her caution was warranted or not). I've been here coming up on 3 months and am learning that this is a journey with good and bad days, but there's progress as long as you stick with it. Visit often to keep your spirits (heh, heh) up. Many ex-winos here (me included) that feel your pain.

Vera-b

Comment

Day One

goodonyou1! I have been lurking around the site for a few weeks now and am fairly new to posting.MWA has given me real hope.You are not alone, keep posting and reading threads. There are some truly wonderful people in mwa that have and still are experiencing what you are going through.I am trying to moderate and have found the threads so helpful.I think of MWO regularily and it gives me strength when I need it.Good Luck.Stay Strong and keep posting johno.:welcome:
                        Boozer

Comment

Day One

Hi OTR
                          Welcome! I have been here for 2 weeks and this site is great. The support is awesome. Today is day 10 AF for me. The kudzu did make me feel a little anxious but it went away. The Topa can cause that too but everyone reacts different. All of it is better than AL. Keep posting and let us know how yuo are doing.
                          HW

Comment

Day One

Welcome OTR! Two bottles a day here too! Hope you made it through alright. I am waiting for my Topa as well. The cravings aren't as bad at this point as lack of sleep! I should be at least doing a load of laundry or something but I can barely find the energy to type.

I went to bed at 10:30 last night with the CDs and I tossed and turned. I swear I got about 15 minutes total. How did you sleep w/o AL?

HW08...very glad to see you on day 10!:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Day One

youll do fine,lots of support here,1st few days are tuff,more you think of it ,the harder it will be,someone once said to me,alchohol is like a balloon for a freind,what brings you up,always must come down,the down is the hard part,good luck to gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X