Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Hello - I am new posting to the forum, but have been reading for several weeks. I have a twin sister who has been successful with MWO and so decided to jump on board. I have read the book and am taking all the supplements as reccomended. Today will be my 5th day and things have gone very well. I was off work for the last 4 days and able to keep myself busy and out of the house between 5-7pm (witching hours). I'm working today and will have to be really resolved to not have AF when I get home to unwind.

I know this is a long post. But I see alot of people talking about wine and beer. My nemesis is HA, tequila shots, then vodka if all the tequila is gone, usually 1/2 of a fifth. Are there any other HA drinkers out there? How are you doing?

p.s. Had a good lesson on remembering to re-read something before trying to use the holey memory. I needed a little boost the 2nd evening and remembered reading about a supplement under the tongue. So......I did Kudzu.........blech blech blech (sure didn't want anything but toothpaste afert that). Now using L-Glut under tongue, works much better

:thanks: for listening.
    Today is my next day AF.

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

I'm a hard liquor drinker too, mainly vodka - congrats on Day 5 AF. Today is Day 15 for me and I spend a lot of time on the AF Army thread. Feel free to join us!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Hi and Welcome Me2
      I was mainly a beer drinker, but would drink Anything with AL in it, didn't matter. Sorry, I had to laugh about the kudzu under the tongue.lol. That must have been Awful!! I use the L-Glut too. I was amazed with the results. Hope to see u around.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Thanks for the replies. I thought the kudzu was funny myself, kinda sounded like a cat hacking up a fur ball, aaaccckk, aaccckk...

I'm finding that I'm feeling a little more stressed at work, dealing with people. It was certainly different at home with hubby being aware of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Keepin' positive, stayin' on the plan
        Today is my next day AF.

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Jack Daniels was my DRUG OF CHOICE when I was younger..Finally got of Jack and had 17yrs. sober.A nasty divorce finally sent me back to alcohol about 8yrs. ago...This time mainly Beer and Wine..I met a wonderful man that made me want to live SOBER again..After several years of battling I feel GREAT...HAPPY AND HEALTHY...It doesn't really matter if it is HARD or softer Alcohol...To me it was just the fact that both times it was alcohol that was doing me in..You can do this..I KNOW YOU CAN..
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

I couldn't hack the kudzu either.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Welcome Me2,

Yip the Kudzu under the tounge must've been revolting - I am burping it up all day which is enough to put me off trying.

I am a wine drinker but on occassion when it ran out I would get stuck into hubby's cane - shew it has a kick!

:goodjob:
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Hey. Welcome!!! Well done on 5 days AF!! You're doing amazing hun!!!!! *Big Hug* Keep posting, keep strong and let us know how you're doing.
                I was into what ever drink i could get but wine was the main thing i'd drink. It really is hard but you'll get there.
                Good luck!!!!!

Comment

Hard Liquor - 5th day AF

Thanks for the additonal welcomes. Boss is gone for the rest of the day, so it's just me. That will help with the stress/irritated level. Now if the phone will just stop ringing......
                  Today is my next day AF.

Comment

Working...
                  X